Getting lighter or time to call gyn?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I am waiting for my levels to go down. My spotting has slowed to almost non existent. My doctor isn't running bloods since we don't plan to try. I keep going back and forth. I wanted to compare my two tests. Both test lines seem equally dark, but the control on today's look stronger. I can't lay them together since I moved and the old test got tossed in the process. Is it getting lighter or should I call my gyn?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 83
Sorry dunno why they are sideways/ only letting me post one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 58
The second picture looks darker. By alot.-- whoops. Was looking at control line. In that case, I would call your ob.

So my understanding, admittedly based on anecdotes and limited personal experience only, is that a super positive test can actually leech dye away from the control line. So I personally would see a test with dark test line and very light control line as 'more positive' than one where the test line and control line are the same darkness, so if you are going from the former case to the latter, I would assume levels are going down.

I am so sorry for the loss of your angels, Dobby.

Yes they are getting lighter. The control will go from light to dark again and the test line will start to fade. Sorry for your loss.

I don't see one lighter than the other. I haven't seen any other threads about what is going on so I am not sure of the story. Even if you are not trying I would still check your levels if you are fearing you are miscarrying. Was this confirmed? or are you basing it off of hpts and spotting and just waiting it out?

Also, hpts can take forever to go lighter and it's just torture to keep peeing on them. Especially FRER or other brands for early detection.

If this has been confirmed I am sorry for your loss. if not, fx this goes the other way.

Thank you ladies. That's what I was hoping to hear.

Aayla, I left a lot out because I am on my phone. I was confirmed pregnant with two sacs. Baby A was vanishing twins then Baby B just wasn't progressing. My gyn wanted to put me on first tri bed rest, but my boss basically said my boss was on the line so I went back to work. Baby B couldn't keep up anymore so I had to D&C since I couldn't wait to mc on my own

I'm sorry for your loss.

As for the testing, stop. It can take awhile for your levels to come down. especially if you were far along. At most test once a week. I would start with unsensitive ones. When they go negative you know you are under a certain level. Testing with early detections is torture.

When I had my miscarriage it was very early on. I got my levels tested. In 5 days they went from 365 to 31. I tested with a frer one week later. Dark dark dark. I was amazed. So I tested out the dollar store ones that have a sensitivity of 25miu. When those went negative I waited another 10 days. Tested with a frer, this time faint, just above a squinter. It took about 1 month to go from 31 to 0. I was only 5 weeks. So the more hcg you have the longer it will likely take.

I'm so sorry. We went through similar in 2013. We lost our babies at 11 weeks and had a d&c. It's agonizing and numbing. Not sure how else to describe it.
My levels took almost 2 months to fully get out of my system. They had me in for blood work every week to make sure they went fully negative.
:hugs:

Thank you. I was 8w1d. My hcg on 10/10 was just over 60k. My surgery was 10/22.

I just hate that one week baby b looked fine then the next nope.

Oh Dobs :hugs2: i had no idea about the job situation. That is just horrible that they weren't sensitive to the situation. I'm sure you're plagued with 'what if's" now, and that makes me so mad for you. Did they know you were pregnant? How did they react to you needing surgery?

I agree, your tests do look like they're getting "less positive".

I'm of course hoping nothing but good things for you, and i believe your "rainbow" will come quickly when you're ready to try again.

She knew but I never used the word pregnant. The other shitty part is it was so obvious my coworkers hint at it/ look at my stomach to see if I am showing. It would have be fine if it wasn't my tenure year, and she isn't the only one who has to sign off on my tenure status.

I'm with giggle. I am in canada and our labour laws are likely different. But I think that's illegal. They can't threaten your job for being told to be on bed rest. Unfortunately there are people that just don't think a woman is pregnant or the pregnancy matters until further along.

Again I am sorry you have to go through this.

Ugh, that is horrible. What poor timing.

Aayla, in the states we have some states that are "right to work". Not sure if it is where Dobs is, but i live in virginia and they are "right to work". Basically, they can fire you for virtually any reason. They can't discriminate...so they can't fire you for being pregnant, but they could easily write int he paperwork that you missed too much work and it basically can't be disputed. It's dishonest and horrible, but it happens all the time. I had a coworker at an o,d job who didn't get along with the vice president, and she got fired by him for a completely stupid reason (her direct supervisor didn't want her gone at all, and neither did any of her teammates).

Anyway...it's bull. Dobs, hope your superior is at least giving you some sympathy.

She's really sweet, but I work in a very high profile district with high academic standards. It wouldn't be illegal because of the way my contract is. I am on probation right now, and at the end of your probationary contract they either non re-elect you or give you tenure. Non re-elect is a death sentence on your resume/ I would never be able to work in another high paying district again. As for getting tenure, she was basically warning me that the higher ups who just look at the data were noticing my absences. One of the students in my class is the daughter of a woman who works 15 feet away from the guy who approves or denies my tenure. My boss' only concern was that I had a loss earlier this year that also caused me to be out. So she was trying to find out if this is going to be a continued problem. Substitutes can be well qualified, but at the end of the day those are lost instructional days. It's really hard on students have to have in and out consistently. My job performance, when I was in class, was severely hindered. My students basically did not learn anything the entire month of October. It's really sad.

But long story short, I wouldn't be fired. I just wouldn't get my job back next year.

If I was already tenure, then it wouldn't be an issue. She could help me out. I also have a really challenging class this year.

Ahh, I see, and that makes sense. Still, the timing is so unfortunate and I am so sorry. When will you officially be awarded tenure?

Assuming my blip didn't hurt anything they grant tenure in May. But my observation last week went beyond well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->