Getting myself ready for gender echo in a week. And does gender swaying even work?

It's getting a little bit better than it was. Now I joke that it would be great if we could have our son and daughter together as twins. I'm sure he'll be awesome, at least I hope so, but it's really a lot to wrap my head around parenting a gender that hurt me so much throughout my life. The idea of parenting a boy to me is 10 times more intimidating than parenting a girl. And the fear that a desire for a daughter will be a huge distraction from being a good mother to him also gets me a lot.

Those are the main things I struggle with right now.

I remember when they said I was having a boy I was happy for my partner because that's what he wanted. Yet I was trying not to cry.

For me it was about having a girl to do stuff with that I enjoy, the doing the hair and choosing nice outfits, watching Disney movies together and me being able to teach her how to be a strong independent woman and teach her what I have learnt.

Now I have a son it is the best thing in the world, he is beautiful and intelligent and is my little buddy who will sit with me and follow me around the house because he's so in love with me :)

HOWEVER I still really want a girl and will be trying everything I can to sway. We are thinking of trying in November when he's 13 months old....so I need to start reseaching it now.

All the research I did pointed to diet swaying being the best way. It makes sense because my diet was ALL boy when I got pregnant.

I have hope I might have a girl because my husbands brother had a little girl and the males sperm determines the gender...so hopefully my husband has lots of girl sperm too lol.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted. I know how it feels and I'm always here if you need to talk.

I'm actually excited about a son now, but I am finding the fear that I'll never have a daughter to be very distracting, I even cried about it very quickly last night. But at least we're now down to one challenge about this. I think the diet theory makes sense though. I'm vegan, but was also eating a lot of salt, husband is crazy about tomatoes so we were eating a lot of those, I was eating lots of avocados, and our diet was rich in veg protein like lentils, beans, and seitan. So there you go, if any vegans or vegetarians reading this want a son, follow my diet, Italian and Mexican food especially is your friend!

I do have the urge to reeducate myself a bit on swaying and what works for a girl, so I can slowly over the next 2 years retrain my taste buds so that they're more girl friendly, but then still figuring out the right balance between that and being a good mother to our son. I'm looking at it though as building the team, with boys and girls both being important parts, and that's helping.

Update: It's not going well at all, it's now back to where it was the day after I found out. I can't stop crying, and I feel like I don't even deserve to be a mother for feeling like this. I try and bond with our son, I really do, but I don't feel a bond. And it's 5:30 am and I've been up for 2 hours. Besides, isn't part of having a child loving them unconditionally? That's where my parents failed, and clearly I'm on a path to do the same.

its normal not to have that big bond. you havent even met the lil fella yet :)

I know, but I felt a very strong bond with our (now nonexistant) daughter, my husband even had dreams about her. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->