Getting Over Pointless Anxiety

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
Okay.. I generally have anxiety issues, get panicky over nothing and REALLLLLYY wind myself up.

A certain scenario need sorting out however, because I want to travel - it's flying.

I LOVE flying. I love taking off and landing, it's just exciting! I enjoy it! Mostly..

My issue is, I WORRY about throwing up, which makes me throw up. This is as I check in that this starts. From that point I just start to make myself ill, by worrying I'm going to be ill, it's a vicious cycle. Then I'm running to the toilet, even just to wee to make my tummy feel better... I've tried taking pills and stuff, kalms, rescue remedy, but I find I have to top up on that (overdose!) because I still panic. But then I can't...because even thinking about putting something near my mouth makes me wretch. As I say vicious circle!!!

THEN when I have to go through to the departure lounge, it makes me feel worse and I need to throw up more, because I feel trapped. There are people everywhere and it's a long way to the toilet, so I pretty much think "If I need to be sick, I'll either do it in front of everyone, or won't be able to get to the toilet in time.." which makes me sick. I'd be much better otherwise.

It's awful. Now I'm wanting to fly to America, to meet someone for the first time, so I'm gonna be mega nervous and it'll be awful. :( Help me? Any suggestions?

As I say, it's more the WAITING to get on the plane, I enjoy flying! I worry a lot about the security bit too...even though I don't take anything illegal etc! :rofl: Stupid and pointless, but I can't help myself!

xx

have you thought about rescue remedy in a spray? or maybe the pastilles? you could chew on one of those while you're going from the car etc into the airport?

Just a thought anyway :hugs:

I've got the spray. I had the drops... I just can't face putting it in my mouth when I'm all wound up as it makes me feel REALLY sick sometimes... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->