Getting pregnant after the depo!

lilegg2014

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I currently don't have children. I lost baby #1 at 18 weeks gestation to Turner Syndrome in 2010 and I lost baby #2 in February this year at 8 weeks to a mmc. I had a depo injection at the beginning of April, the only one I've had and I am due my next one now but I don't want to have it as I am more than ready to try for baby #3. I am so desperate to become a mum. How long would it take for my cycles to return back to normal? Many thanks :D

it depends on the person. For ME I had one depo shot in an attempt to get normal cycles and I nearly died from it but I seem to be having a normal period for the first time in my life (?) and I got my shot in november and it shoudl have run out by the end of feb?
There are stories on women going into early menopause from it and some taking several YEARS to correct themselves. Most would say 3-9 months? There are also stories of ladies getting pregnant a few weeks after missing the new shot.

I wish you luck :dust:

I was on Depo for 6 years and it took a whole year to have a period then another year to have "regular" periods. If you have only taken the one shot I would say a few months. good luck and fx for you!

I had one shot, it ran out November, and my period came back (and has been regular since) early April!

Thankyou for your replies ladies. If I knew the stories about it taking ages to leave your system before I had it, I wouldn't have had it done. Fingers crossed that it doesn't take long for me as really would be nice to have a lil family :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->