Getting pregnant straight after withdrawal bleed?

a_c

mummy to one
Reaction score
I'm very new to all this, finished my last pill pack this week and will have my withdrawal bleed tomorrow until Thursday. Hubby and I are now NTNP - I am still reading up on cycles and ovulating etc - it's all quite overwhelming!! from what I read it would be possible for me to get pregnant next month but not ideal as it would be hard to date - am I right?:wacko:

Yup. First time I went off b/c, I fell pg (didn't stick, but that had nothing to do with coming off the pill). I think ANYTIME is ideal to have a :bfp:. Good luck, and here's hoping you won't have to wait too long.

Yup I got pregnant straight after withdrawal bleed. Wasn't charting or anything, expected we'd be trying for months, I didn't even realise I was pregnant for 7 weeks as I assumed my period not showing up was due to coming off the pill and my cycle being disrupted. I didn't care about it being hard to date, was just so happy to have my BFP!!:happydance:

from what I read it would be possible for me to get pregnant next month but not ideal as it would be hard to date - am I right?:wacko:

They can still date it using blood tests and scans, obviously not 100% accurate however it doesn't really matter even by going by last AF they can get it wrong for various reasons.
I didn't know my cycle when I got pregnant 8 years ago and they dated it , I was induced the day before the due date they gave me however I think she was probably late.

It is possible. Do look out for clues you're ovulating though just to get an idea of when you'd be due AF (around 14 days after). When I came off bcp in August I decided to let my body do its thing first. I had a terrible month of mixed hormones and even felt I could be pregnant at one point.

Hiya I would get some Ovulating tests (can get cheapy ones on ebay or amazon) just so you know when you are and can read your cycle as it can be a bit difficult...Good Luck hun.....XMAS BABYDUST TO YOU!!!XXX

from what I read it would be possible for me to get pregnant next month but not ideal as it would be hard to date - am I right?:wacko:

They can still date it using blood tests and scans, obviously not 100% accurate however it doesn't really matter even by going by last AF they can get it wrong for various reasons.
I didn't know my cycle when I got pregnant 8 years ago and they dated it , I was induced the day before the due date they gave me however I think she was probably late.

I got given a due date from my first scan, I went into labour 2 days after so I case it was pretty accurate :)

thanks ladies - very exciting we will definitely be doing some serious :sex: in the next month then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->