Getting ready

GirlyB

Reaction score
Hey girls!
So I'm going to see my gynae this Friday 13th March about starting a family, getting the right vitamins / folic acid / some advice etc.
We have been married 6 years now and have decided that in the next couple months we will start trying!
We always said that at 25 we'd like to start, but here we are 2 and a bit years later and as ready as we'll ever be I think!

What scares me most is how long it will take to concieve. Most of my friends fell pregnant within the first ovulation and so much quicker than they expected to! But I do know of some who took much longer, and I am a bit worried I might be one of those. Although a friend of mine did say that generally if your mom didnt have problems conceiving then nor should you unless some specific health issues.

I'd like to think of myself as healthy, allbeit a bit stressed, but thats life right!
I'd like to try lose about 10kg's before we actually start trying, as I am a little overweight, but rather over than under right?
How long should one take the folic acid before trying to conceive?
Any other meds to take?

You can get prenatal vit's that contain folic acid and i think its recomended that you start to take them 3m before trying.

Hey welcome to bnb
Not long till your TTC now then hun
Will see you around
Think there was a thread started a couple of days ago suggesting tips on what to do before you TTC
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->