Getting referral to infertility Service

lillyAnne

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Not sure where I should be posting but here goes... my husband has been diagnosed as having oligoteratozoospermia(longest word I will ever spell) which I think basically means lower than normal sperm and also very low amount of normal sperm I think about 3% or so. So my question is what will our options be?
Im confused as I have had 5 pregnancies in the last 3 years all ending in miscarriage...I would have assumed I wouldnt get pregnant at all if my husband has this issue??? So a little confused. I have HSG booked in a week and half to check all is ok with me but due to a previous child Im assuming things might be ok. Any thoughts or advice or information would be greatly appreciated. feeling a little defeated and down :cry:

To get an NHS and Private referral i had to choose a clinic and then get my GP to write a referral. I also needed to take all my previous hospital records along with me to the first consultation. I had to apply to my local hospital for these. This took 40 days and cost £50 so i suggest you get onto them as soon as possible. Good luck!

Hi everyone, Not sure where I should be posting but here goes... my husband has been diagnosed as having oligoteratozoospermia(longest word I will ever spell) which I think basically means lower than normal sperm and also very low amount of normal sperm I think about 3% or so. So my question is what will our options be?
Im confused as I have had 5 pregnancies in the last 3 years all ending in miscarriage...I would have assumed I wouldnt get pregnant at all if my husband has this issue??? So a little confused. I have HSG booked in a week and half to check all is ok with me but due to a previous child Im assuming things might be ok. Any thoughts or advice or information would be greatly appreciated. feeling a little defeated and down :cry:

First of all, sorry for ur losses. Just found out dh also has low sperm count and even worst...low motility as well. So, Im no expert in this area but did alot for readings about it.
Here are my findings: many ways to improve low sperm count, such as wearing white plain boxer, avoiding some foods, no hot bath, taking vitamins, taking fertilaid, etc. BD some hours before sperm collection can coz low counting. Do SA test again in 3months time coz the result may be different than the 1st.
Ur dh has 3mil sperm and u only need one strong fast missile like sperm to make u pregnant. I think the chance is still there. Finding out how to bring baby to full term is as much important. This part I have no findings.
Wish u the best of luck!

Hi.. Are you still around?
What happened with you and DH?
My DH was diagnosed with the same long word yesterday... Oligoteratozoospermia
I would like to hear your experience...

To get an NHS and Private referral i had to choose a clinic and then get my GP to write a referral. I also needed to take all my previous hospital records along with me to the first consultation. I had to apply to my local hospital for these. This took 40 days and cost £50 so i suggest you get onto them as soon as possible. Good luck!

Hi..
What happened with you?

My DH was diagnosed yesterday... Oligoteratozoospermia
I would like to hear your experience...

First of all, sorry for ur losses. Just found out dh also has low sperm count and even worst...low motility as well. So, Im no expert in this area but did alot for readings about it.
Here are my findings: many ways to improve low sperm count, such as wearing white plain boxer, avoiding some foods, no hot bath, taking vitamins, taking fertilaid, etc. BD some hours before sperm collection can coz low counting. Do SA test again in 3months time coz the result may be different than the 1st.
Ur dh has 3mil sperm and u only need one strong fast missile like sperm to make u pregnant. I think the chance is still there. Finding out how to bring baby to full term is as much important. This part I have no findings.
Wish u the best of luck!

Hi..
Can I hear your experience?

We went through three cycles of ivf. Two fresh and one frozen. The first resulted in a bfp, but at five months we lost our lb. The second fresh cycle was a bust, but we had one frozen embryo so we decided to try one last time and see, and they would be our last chance so we gave it our all with extra injections and embryo glue. We now have a 9 week old rainbow baby girl!

Good luck with you ivf journeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->