Getting stuck sat up in cot in the night....help!!

tammii1981

New mummy to Ruby Belle
Reaction score
Has anyones LOs learnt this new trick, and now does it constantly?? Rubys been terrible lately....she wakes up in the night and very early in the morning to just sit up. Problem is, she doesnt know how to get back down again, so starts screaming!!

Does this pass once theyre bored of doing it?? Or do they just learn how to lay back down themselves?? Rubys 10 months old now, im hoping this doesnt last too long!! x

Oh yes, Tobias has been doing this for about 6 weeks. He only does when he rolls onto his belly in his sleep. I just go and lay him down. He's usually crying lots, so sometimes I have to give him a cuddle.

I think it is a 'habit' as when he is awake he never lies onhis tummy, he automatically sits up!

Yep Skye does that! Every single night, without fail. I have no idea how to stop it. I'm guessing they'll just grow out of it. Bit rubbish for now though!

Yes, Isabelle will roll over onto her tummy and then sit up. Before she could roll over, she'd crawl backwards into a corner of her cot and get stuck and then cry. I lie her back down and make sure I've got a rolled up towel next to her on the the side she rolls over onto to try and stop her. It usually works until about 4am at the moment.

ella is 9.5mths and although she has been crawling, rolling, sitting up by herself from lying down, standing one handed on furniture and walking holding on for a while now she has ONLY just realised she can also do this in her bed....
2wks ago she would wake up excatly how I left her on her back.
cot bumpers still in, mattress on highest setting and cot full of toys - immaculate.
now, dropped right down, no toys, no bumper and sleeping bag removed.
she does exactly the same although I am not 100% convinced she is awake when she sits up? she has a shriek, then I go over, lay her down with no resistance and she settles straightaway? she has also started sleeping on her front, face down.
unheard of!!!

Holly doesn't sit up in her sleep yet, but she keeps rolling onto her side and crying as she gets stuck! Does this several times a night and I have to go and roll her back again lol x

yes! mine does this a lot now shes started crawling, she turns 360 degrees in the cot but halfway round sometimes her legs drop through and they are dangling outside and she starts bawling:( Not sure how to get round this as she wont sleep in a sleeping bag and likes to get into her own position in the cot before going to sleep, sometimes I'll put her to bed in one position and next morning she is in a totally different position :D

ella is 9.5mths and although she has been crawling, rolling, sitting up by herself from lying down, standing one handed on furniture and walking holding on for a while now she has ONLY just realised she can also do this in her bed....
cot bumpers still in, mattress on highest setting and cot full of toys - immaculate.
she does exactly the same although I am not 100% convinced she is awake when she sits up? she has a shriek, then I go over, lay her down with no resistance and she settles straightaway? she has also started sleeping on her front, face down.
unheard of!!!

oh no! im wondering whether occassionally she is actually asleep when it happens too, as i think she gets a bit shocked that shes sitting up! Its actually much worse during the day for her naps, as she is aware she can do it, and just will not lie down. it gets to a point where she is so exhausted, and i normally have to sit net to her and keep pushing her back down to get her to finally give up! She is normally such a perfect sleeper too!! hope it stops soon!!

yes! mine does this a lot now shes started crawling, she turns 360 degrees in the cot but halfway round sometimes her legs drop through and they are dangling outside and she starts bawling:( Not sure how to get round this as she wont sleep in a sleeping bag and likes to get into her own position in the cot before going to sleep, sometimes I'll put her to bed in one position and next morning she is in a totally different position :D

unfortunately (and dont ask me how) ruby has also perfected doing the same IN her sleepbag....she somehow hooks the corners with her feet through the cot bars and wedges herself round!! Little monkey! im thinking of getting another bumper or something for the end of her cot to stop her, although doubt that will work either!!

unheard of!!!

oh no! im wondering whether occassionally she is actually asleep when it happens too, as i think she gets a bit shocked that shes sitting up! Its actually much worse during the day for her naps, as she is aware she can do it, and just will not lie down. it gets to a point where she is so exhausted, and i normally have to sit net to her and keep pushing her back down to get her to finally give up! She is normally such a perfect sleeper too!! hope it stops soon!!

I am sure Ella is asleep when she sits up.
Day naps are entertaining too, I have started letting her whine it out now because she has to get on with it. She stood up - she cant get down!
Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon but I am sure she is asleep when she sits up at night.
I have taken the sleeping bag away just in case she stands up and cant safely sit down again because she is standing on the bag and it gets tight on her shoulders. Guessed it would be safer having all limbs free :shrug:
Her brother never did this so it is all a bit new....

^^ yes I was thinking about getting another bumper too, but with all the scares about sids and whatever I didnt want to risk it

^^ yes I was thinking about getting another bumper too, but with all the scares about sids and whatever I didnt want to risk it

i know, thats whats putting me off too....wonder if there is anthing else i can get to help?? although like i say, houdini will somehow get around that too i would have thought!!

what about one of those bumpers with the ventilation holes? Airwrap I think they are called could put two on?

FOUND IT

https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+Airwrap-2-Sided-Bumper+B9232

Nolan does this, sometimes he will lay back down. Its hilarious to watch him on the video monitor... he just falls over and goes back to sleep.

Clara does this too except it doesn't wake her up until she tries to move again. She's always been a very active sleeper and changes position several times throughout the night. These pictures are at 2.5 months and 5 months. She's also now started to sleep with her bum in the air. :haha:

Attachments

• Feet poking out.jpg
    Feet poking out.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Feet out naptime.jpg
    Feet out naptime.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3
We had this problem but we got a cot wrap and it keeps their arms, legs in and are more padded than they look so protect a bit against bumps. We have this one: https://www.safedreams.co.uk

what about one of those bumpers with the ventilation holes? Airwrap I think they are called could put two on?

FOUND IT

https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+Airwrap-2-Sided-Bumper+B9232

oh yeah i saw this actually - this would be a much better idea, at least she wouldnt get her legs caught throught the bars anymore!! thanks!

Nolan does this, sometimes he will lay back down. Its hilarious to watch him on the video monitor... he just falls over and goes back to sleep.

aaah bless! Wish ruby would work out how to get back down! She did it again at 4am this morning, was properly screaming! I went in and put her back down, and she seemed to go back off to sleep....problem is, i then lay awake for the rest of the night waiting for her to do it again!! Typical!

Clara does this too except it doesn't wake her up until she tries to move again. She's always been a very active sleeper and changes position several times throughout the night. These pictures are at 2.5 months and 5 months. She's also now started to sleep with her bum in the air. :haha:

Thos pics are sooooo cute!! does she sleep with a blanket on in the night? Ruby tends to like sleeping straight on her back with her arms in the air, but to be honest i guess she doesnt have much choice in her grobag. She tends to have a habit of cuddling up under her blanket for her day naps and pulling it over her head though! I would like her to have the freedom to get into any position she wants though - i guess at 10 months its much safer with a blanket now - i sometimes still think shes a newborn! ha ha!

I usually have her in a sleepsack at night, though if it's warm I'll just use a receiving blanket. She still sleeps in our room overnight in the play 'n pack, the pictures are from during her naptime in the crib in her room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->