Getting tired of other women comparing

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
I am about tired of women comparing their pregnancy with mine. A girl at work said I've been pregnant 3 times and I was never as tired as you...

I flat out told her that every woman and pregnancy is different..

My hormones are not in the mood for women like that..

ignore them, I hate it. I had someone in my first pregnancy telling me morning sickness is nothing when I ended up in hospital twice and needed pills and literally couldn't eat and drink when it was bad as hyperemesis. I am super tiered this pregnancy and feel nauseous but can still eat. Every pregnancy is different. I hate how people compare. Last time people made me worried as I worked with someone due at same time and they kept going on about how small my bump was despite I measured perfectly normal on appointments. Then once you have baby people seem to compare labour, how you fed baby the list goes on

Yeah, that's annoying. I'm tired of hearing about women only gaining 5 pounds the entire pregnancy! Gag.

I'm ready to bite people's head off from the "well mine was like this". I love when people ask "how are you feeling?" And after you explain they have to tell you that their pregnancy wasn't like that.

Iv been really strict with myself except for my diet in this pregnancy im usually a calorie counter and no fat or carbs sorta girl and stay in shape but iv given myself a bit of a break in pregnancy as its my first I just wanna enjoy it and I also want to eat everything lol! Iv quit smoking the minute I found out, go to bed earlier, havent touched a drop of alcohol and taken things a bit easier. This lady I work with went for a fag and stank! I commented and she was like "well I smoked and drunk the whole way through my pregnancy so shut up" my reply "times have changed and the smell of you makes me feel sick and thank goodness your children were born healthy it could have been so different". My opinion is ITS MY GOD DAMN BODY, MY BABY ILL DO WHAT THE FUCK I WANT AND HOW I WANT TO DO IT. Rahhhh hormones lol xx

This never ends. Once you're pregnant manners go out the window. Apparently you can say anything at all if someone is pregnant no matter how rude, insulting or competitive you sound. Unfortunately it then carries on to after your child is born and keeps on going. They're 'too big, too small, fed too much, fed too little, held too often, not held enough' and on and on ot goes

By 40 weeks you will have mastere the "smile, nod and move on" face to a tee!

:flow:

Ohhh I had my first taste of something similar this weekend. Nanna was making a cokked breakfast, I could see soil on the mushrooms & asked to wash them. After that she was saying you can't do everything by the book you know, these midwives are very quick to give you advice but none of them have their own kids. I was really upset about it & had to go in the bedroom for a little cry, im just trying to do my best! & sorry Nanna as much as I love you you're wrong!
xo.

It'll get worse! Baby clubs. Ggrrrr. Women should support each other by noooo. I was judge on breast or bottle. Pampers or store brand nappies. My mothercare pram compared to their bugaboos. My childs name. The list goes on. Currently Im a terrible mother as my 21 month old isnt yet potty trained.

Remember to breathe and that YOU and YOU alone know whats best for YOUR baby x

Unfortunately it doesn't get any better when baba arrives either!
Its my child walked/talked/crawled at this age, breast or bottle, co-sleeping or having your child in their own room at 4 weeks etc etc etc!

As some one said above, you need to perfect the sarcastic nod and smile :winkwink:

My gf delivered in less than 2 hours and was giving me advice about how quick it canbe and go to the hospital right away (right so I can sit there for 24 hours while mine drags oooonnnnn). I told her she was probably like the woman on What To Expect When You're Expecting who sneezed and out popped the baby and to stop with the advice as she's making me sick:haha:
No time for dreamy situations please. I'll be working with what I've got & what feels right.

Water off a ducks back babe!! Hate to say it, but it will go one for the rest of your child rearing life :dohh:

ignore them stupid b words!! lol ! I hate that bs. this girl told me "there is no way you're back is hurting and if it is that early, than something is wrong" I'm like oh sorry sweetie, didn't know you knew EVERYTHING about pregnancy.. this girl went on to have her baby a week ago and HATING her life after having her.. im like you're a miserable human being. lol!! she said "you may be happy now but wait, you will be miserable for the rest of you're life" and told me to stop being so happy all the time! hahahahah

The ladies who are telling you that this will continue on into a lot of different aspects of your parenting once the baby is here, are TOTALLY RIGHT.

Just wait, pretty soon, you'll hear all about:
*How so and so had this happen during her labor and delivery...and they'll question why you needed to have the type of birth you had.
*Breastfeeding or bottle feeding
*SIDS management ("I always used blankets with my babies...and they're all alive and fine!"...grrr...DUMBASS!!!!)
*Cloth vs. disposable diapers
*Baby wearing vs. strollers
*Public schooling vs. homeschooling vs. unschooling

Just wait for all of the stupid useless gratuitous parenting advice you'll get once the baby arrives. "Sleep when the baby is sleeping!" Ummm...oh, okay. And then NOTHING will EVER get done, eh??? People are so lame and thoughtless. Now is the time to develop a thick skin, and to start letting comments roll right off your back.

When I meet other mothers at playgroups etc, common ground is talking about your kids playing with each other. I never mean to compare in a bad way like I'm better or what I'm doing is better but more out of curiosity.

I'm on my first child so it's pretty scary sometimes and sometimes it's nice to share experiences just to feel you're not alone and may be there's another way to do something that I've not thought about. I never knew about non drip beakers until I spoke to another mother. It was a great find.

But I've had mothers look at me or talk back at me as if they're upset I say something about my child once they say something about theirs. It sounds like comparing but it's also just a conversation. I don't care if my child's shorter than yours or weigh heavier than yours. It's just nice to share. It's something to talk about. Better than asking about your interests or husband or job. It just seems a bit too personal for a one off meeting and I'd might not see you again.

I've learnt to just not say anything unless the other mother says something first.

When I meet other mothers at playgroups etc, common ground is talking about your kids playing with each other. I never mean to compare in a bad way like I'm better or what I'm doing is better but more out of curiosity.

I'm on my first child so it's pretty scary sometimes and sometimes it's nice to share experiences just to feel you're not alone and may be there's another way to do something that I've not thought about. I never knew about non drip beakers until I spoke to another mother. It was a great find.

But I've had mothers look at me or talk back at me as if they're upset I say something about my child once they say something about theirs. It sounds like comparing but it's also just a conversation. I don't care if my child's shorter than yours or weigh heavier than yours. It's just nice to share. It's something to talk about. Better than asking about your interests or husband or job. It just seems a bit too personal for a one off meeting and I'd might not see you again.

I've learnt to just not say anything unless the other mother says something first.

Sometimes whatever you were going to say comes off much better after passing a compliment or empthy statement first. You shouldn't have to hold your breath with other moms, but like that lady at work I mentioned in my post, there's a way to say things that will never offend or be seemily competitive. Take a breath after the other person says something and offer a validating comment on what they've just said. It's pretty silly that we have to do this but even it the best business negotiations in the most heated boardrooms, this is the very best way to carry a conversation and gain trust. Then when you state your experience, 'what worked for us', or you know what was cool about this...seems to engage without getting heckles up.

Then again some people you just have to walk away from :haha:

sorry to bust in omg i had no clue you were preggers, ive been waiting for your bfp- havent been on in a while!! finally congrats to you

Rustys wife I have seen a lot of posts from her waiting to get a positive and I didn't know that she was pregnant so congrats

Thanks for all the comments girls!!!! Guess I better let it go one ear out the other.. These hormones ain't no joke! I mean I just wanted to blow up when she kept on and on!!! There's is some people that are nice and tell you about their experiences but they don't just out be mean about it!

I'm just so thankful I got this miracle and if I ever have any questions I'll come to you ladies :hugs::hugs:

Thanks junebaby!!! I got my :bfp: at 10 DPO.. It came as a shock cause I was soo used to seeing :bfn:'s!!!

2have4kids.. Aww yay!!! When is your due date????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->