Gifts - Is this unusual?

I would never expect things from my family, except that I have learned to expect them to help out because they just always do. My parents like helping us out with stuff, we don't ask for things, they just do it because they can and want to. They asked us for a list of things we needed to get, and told us they wanted to buy a crib AND that my brother wanted to buy our stroller and car seat! My hubby's sister told us she was going to buy us a nice baby moniter. My cousin told me she wanted to sew blankets and asked me what colors I wanted. We never asked for any of it, they just offered. I think it depends on the family and the culture. We are planning to provide for our baby on our own but my family WANTS to buy extra things for it. OH's parents haven't offered anything. But we haven't asked. They are generous in other ways, and I don't feel that they love our baby any less because they haven't bought anything.

Never judge family by how much they buy for you or baby...even if you feel they 'should' or 'can afford to'. What someone spends has nothing to do with how much love they have for you. My family is not a 'gift giving' group at all, my husbands is. Yet they love their grandkids equally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->