• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Girls name to finish our sibset

Willotte

Reaction score
This is our third baby and we already have a William and Charlotte. They weren't named after royalty or anything, but we seem to have found ourselves in that sort of trend. We like traditional names which can have a nn, though I'm against it, but if the kids decide later to have a nn, then that's their choice. So far we have a few names, but can't settle on them for one reason or another.

Oh really likes Elizabeth. I don't know what it is, but baby just doesn't feel to me like she's an Elizabeth and it smacks of the theme that we weren't following. So I'm not overly fond.

The other contender is Victoria, now I like the story of the queen Victoria and her ballsy approach to life, but absolutely hate the nn Vicky (sorry, no offence to anyone here, it's just that every time I hear the name Vicky I think sticky Vicky, thanks to comments from other people and I'm not sure that I can unhear it)

We already have an Amelia, Sophie and Louisa in the immediate family, so they're off limits.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks for any help :flower:

Emma
Emily
Jane
Rose
Henrietta
Harriet
Violet
Daisy
Marie
Maria
Diane
Dinah
Isabelle
Juliet
Catherine/Kathryn

Victoria was going to be my first suggestion. Do you prefer the nn Tori/Tor?
Beatrice
Eleanor
Hentrietta
Grace
Cordelia
Emily
Isabelle
Clara
Philippa
Claudia
Georgiana

My first thought was Catherine.

I also thought of Caroline, Madeleine, Beatrice, Alexandra and Diana.

I really love the name Victoria though, but I'm also not too fond of the nickname Vicky (not because of sticky Vicky - I've never heard that one before!). Where I live, the most commonly used nickname for Victoria is Vica, which I think is okay. Tori or Vicks are also possibilities.

Abigail
Adeline
Althea
Annabel
Clara
Delilah
Edith
Eleanor
Eloise
Estelle
Evelyn
Georgia
Isabel
Josephine
Margaret
Marjorie
Olivia
Penelope
Tabitha
Violet
Virginia

Hi,

Thanks for all the ideas. We also have a Georgina in the family and oh is dead set against repeating a name and our dd's middle name is grace. I liked Olivia and Isabelle as a name for Dd, but oh wouldn't have any of it.

We've tried referring to bump as Victoria for the past few days (to see if I could move past the whole sticky Vicky thing) and funnily enough, it just doesn't stick! It doesn't feel right for the little lady I'm carrying.

I don't know. I quite like the name Jessica, which isn't quite regal, but given that that's not the reason we named the others what we did, I don't really mind that. I didn't think that naming another little girl would be so hard, both the others were named before they were conceived, so I'm feeling really guilty that we've got so far into this pregnancy and she's still called bump.

Thanks everyone.
I think that Emily is definitely one of the names that we can agree is nice, need to try it and see if it fits.
Then to try and find a middle Xmassy name. This is so difficult!!!!

Hi there,

I love traditional names as well... and my two girls are Charlotte and Rosalie....

Victoria has always been a favourite of mine, but I can't commit for exactly the same reason as you!! My short list for names:

Violet
Eloise
Penelope

And I love the name Emily... and Emmeline, and a nice "Christmassy" middle name would be Joy.... Emily Joy

Good luck

I really like Noelle as a Christmassy middle name. Emily Noelle has a nice ring to it, I think. But that might be too 'modern' for you, since your first names are so traditional.

Other options are Ivy, Joy, Mary, Carol, Gabriella, Emmanuela, Emmanuelle, Gloria.
Or Cookie, Candy or Ginger maybe? :haha:

I also thought of Emily Noelle right away and I think it sounds very nice!

Emily Noelle sounds really nice :). Other Christmassy mn suggestions:
Mary/Marie
Ivy
Angelica
Lucia
Holly
Robin
Gabriella
Estella
Belle

I love Holly for a Christmassy middle name. I have Annabel and was thinking of calling her Holly as she came December 29 🎄

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->