Girls name to go with the middle name Charley

malia

Trying for #2
Reaction score
So I really want to give the baby a middle name based on my dad's name, Charlie. If it's a girl, do you think any of the names on my list go with Charley? Can you think of any short names that would go nicely with it?

Also, do you think i need to spell it that way because it's being used on a girl, or should I stick with Charlie?

Surname is a one syllable name beginning with W.

Thea
Freya
Ella
Nora
Cora
Avery
Quinn

I like Avery Charlie and Ella Charlie

Some suggestions are
Hadley Charlie
Freida Charlie
Gwendalyn Charlie
Julia Charlie
Vivian Charlie
Lorna Charlie

I love Thea. I think they all go well with Charlie except for Avery (I don't like the double -y sounds).

I think Charlie actually looks more feminine than Charley so I would stick with that spelling personally.

My grandpa was Charles Andrew and i have always loved Andrea Charlie but thats not the direction we ended up going in.

My little girl is Freya, so I love that name! However I don't particularly like it with the middle name Charley.

I like Nora and Cora from your list.

I also prefer the spelling Charlie :flower:

I really love Quinn!!
I think Charlie is great spelling for the name and seems more feminine to me.

Honestly Charlie Quinn sounds lovely. She could be Charlotte Quinn, but Charlie for short.

Honestly Charlie Quinn sounds lovely. She could be Charlotte Quinn, but Charlie for short.

I wish I could use it as a first name but OH said no :(

Thanks everyone. I actually prefer the spelling Charlie too, for some reason I had it in my head that with a girl it was always Charley.

I'm starting to think maybe it doesn't matter if first and middle name don't flow very well as they would never be used together. Might just pick the first name we like best and go for it.

Charlie looks much more feminine than Charley. Like Tony for a male and Toni for a female, Jody vs Jodi etc, the 'y' version is usually the boy version isn't it? I would always assume Charley was a man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->