Giving foods YOU dont like?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Do you give your LO foods that you dont like?

I want to give Brooke some jam on toast but i hate jam :rofl: and it got me thinking ....

Im going to try and give her as much as possible, just because i dont like it doesnt meant she wont

I'm really weird and don't like eggs! But I give them to Joseph and he loves them x

i give katie stuff i dont eat, but only if its somethin OH willl eat so its in the house iykwim?? like, she eats mushrooms if i get them in. i cant stand the things tho!!

just cos you dont like somethin wont mean they dont, so i suppose we should give them a little taste of everythin! like i HATE fruit, but i get it so katie has some (it always goes off cos it never gets eaten up!!)

i hate lamb i fact only tasted it once in my life when i was 6 yrs old, but rosie cant get enought of it.

I HATE banana with a passion. It makes me gag but I still give Amelie it. Its not fair to deny her things that are good for her just because I hate them.

Byron has loads of things I really hate, like suede and sweet potato. I want him to be a better eater than I am.

I suppose the more you get them to try the better, if they dont like it they dont like it, but to at least try stuff is encouraging good eating habits

My grandad always used to make me try stuff i hadnt tried before and his motto was "How do you know you dont like it if you havent tried it" :lol:

I want my LO to eat well, if i didn't feed her foods i didnt like she wouldn't eat because im very fussy with food thank god my daughter isn't like me lol.

I only dislike fish and mushrooms. She has had fish but not mushrooms yet

i am a mega mega fussy eater so i will do anything if it meals annabelle wont be as fussy as me i give her everything so far nothing she doesnt like

Lou
xxx

I won't limit Edward's intake to just food that I like. I want him to make his own decision on what he likes and dislikes and the last thing I want is him to be picky like his daddy! So far, that doesn't seem to be a problem, he's eating EVERYTHINK that comes near :)

i find it very hard to give phoebe things i dont like. but she will eat anything yet to find something she wont eat but she is greedy lol.

Im sure brooke will love jam on toast tho yummy x

yep i too give maddi lots of different things i don't like, particularly green veg, as i would like her not to be as fussy as me. the only thing i haven't really given her is meat, as i'm quite fussy with it. we all eat chicken, and me and james occissionally have bacon, mince or sausages, but as yet, maddi hasn't had any meat other than chicken, i'm just a bit odd tbh with meat :blush:

I HATE banana with a passion. It makes me gag but I still give Amelie it. Its not fair to deny her things that are good for her just because I hate them.

I hate banana too!!Even just thinking about the smell and texture of it makes me gag really badly..So I get OH to feed it to her.Its not fair of me to deny her of something she likes just because I hate it (although I dont know how anyone can like banana *shudder) xxxxx

yep i too give maddi lots of different things i don't like, particularly green veg, as i would like her not to be as fussy as me. the only thing i haven't really given her is meat, as i'm quite fussy with it. we all eat chicken, and me and james occissionally have bacon, mince or sausages, but as yet, maddi hasn't had any meat other than chicken, i'm just a bit odd tbh with meat :blush:

Im fussy with any other meat than chicken, its the fat that does it for me i think.

I wouldnt eat any other meat as a child and didnt try a "burger" from macdonalds or burger king until i was like 16 :rofl:

the only thing I don't like is celery!!! but i would give Fred some if we had it in! he has tried so much stuff, he had smoked mackerel for lunch which is quite an aqquired taste! he hasn't eaten anything yet he hasn't seemed to like!:happydance:

i totally agree tho u should get them to try everything tyo avoid future problems xxx

I give tyler everythings and anything tbh, even if i didnt like it, less likely to be fussy when abit older then i think :)

I was thinking this the other day Holly, i end up buying things for Divante that i wouldn't usually eat but they seem really nutritious. Have to admit some of the things he has eaten make me feel queezy because i don't like the taste of them...but hey they are good for him and i just want him to taste everything...im sure she will love jam and toast! xxx

Yep, Niamh gets everything :rofl: I'm a veggie, and she gets meat. I hate mushrooms, she'll have them, etc etc.

I hate pears but Poppy LOVES them so I get them in just for her. I'm not a big fruit eater really but I always make sure Poppy eats loads of different kinds of fruit so she's not fussy like I am :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->