Giving Notice

Lauren25

Reaction score
I'm about to sort booking an appointment to give notice!
I was just wondering what happens when you are there as I have no clue :)

Thanks for any help :)

With ours we both went in and confirmed date/time etc. Then they make one of you leave the room whilst they ask the remaining one questions about you both (ie, date of births, occupations etc). Then you swap and the other gets asked the same questions to make sure the answers match. That's to make sure you do really know each other and it's not a scam marriage. Then that's pretty much it. They put up your notice in their public board for two weeks and assuming no-one objects then you're all set :) xx

Dont forget to take all your documentationw ith you.... Both myself and DH don't have passport and I only took my small birth certificate and they couldn't do it until they saw the full birth cert I then had to wait another 2 weeks for an appt to give my notice so make sure you leave enough time! Just a FYI :) x

Thank you that's a great help! Ill have to brush up on the knowledge of OH :haha:

Thank you that's a great help! Ill have to brush up on the knowledge of OH :haha:

It's nothing too pressing lol just name and DOB and such like, stuff you'll know (hopefully :lol:)

With ours we both went in and confirmed date/time etc. Then they make one of you leave the room whilst they ask the remaining one questions about you both (ie, date of births, occupations etc). Then you swap and the other gets asked the same questions to make sure the answers match. That's to make sure you do really know each other and it's not a scam marriage. Then that's pretty much it. They put up your notice in their public board for two weeks and assuming no-one objects then you're all set :) xx

They didn't make one of us leave the room! They asked one of us the questions then asked the other one to confirm the answers we'd literally just heard the other say, so pointless!!!

^^ lol, how pointless! that's just them being lazy/time saving. Haha x

I thought it was law that you had to leave the room :shrug: otherwise what's the point lol

I know surely you'd just say what they said if it was right or wrong!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->