giving up on night time cloth..

Plumfairy

Mum-mum-mum-mum
Reaction score
as the title says.. :cry: last night was the first night in a few weeks where i put layla back in cloth overnight and a complete disaster. she was waking every hour and couldnt settle herself so Im shattered today. She's been sleeping through the last week or so she's been in sposies, so we're just guna have to be day time cloth users i think. :cry: also every morning her vest is damp which i dont like. even a BGv3 stuffed with 3 inserts and it leaks and its so damn bulky, must be like being in a plaster cast. poor thing cant even stretch her legs properly. I have no money left to buy more nappies now so wont be trying any other night time ones. Shame yes, but she needs a good nights sleep and so do it. :cry: Aaaw well! :cry:

:hugs::hugs: don't feel bad sweetie, we too are just day time cloth users, maddi drinks too much and sleeps too long to ever consider using them at night :hugs: x

We're the same, Jack's too heavy a wetter and sleeps too long to leave him in cloth :(

I'd hate for you to give up! Have you tried a Bamboozle? I use one of those with an extra soaker/doubler and a fleece liner on top, then a little pull on cover and I've not had any leaks..? I got the advice from a long-time cloth diapering mom and owner of a local cloth diaper shop. Works a like a charm so far. May be worth a shot?

I'd hate for you to give up! Have you tried a Bamboozle? I use one of those with an extra soaker/doubler and a fleece liner on top, then a little pull on cover and I've not had any leaks..? I got the advice from a long-time cloth diapering mom and owner of a local cloth diaper shop. Works a like a charm so far. May be worth a shot?

Im not giving up cloth all together, just night time, as I dont think its fair that she wakes up with a wet vest and a huuuge bulky nappy that weighs a ton every morning, and as its disturbing her sleep its the best thing for us i think. maybe we'll attempt it again at another time, but atm we just need some good sleeps. :sleep:

Awww hun don't feel bad :hugs: we gave up with night time cloth VERY quickly!!! I agree a huge bulky nappy means bubs can't move/stretch and damp/wet clothes are NOT nice. Deri wears disposables at night....we've had enough sleep deprivation the last month or two so I chose to stick with the good old Pampers at night. I did feel bad about my decision at first but if it's not working, then it's not working. You have to do what's best for you and your family!

Hope you and little Layle are doing well! (sorry I haven't text you back....get on MSN tonight if you can...I'll be logged in for the evening now, apart from when I'm putting Deri to bed!)

xxxxx

Awww hun don't feel bad :hugs: we gave up with night time cloth VERY quickly!!! I agree a huge bulky nappy means bubs can't move/stretch and damp/wet clothes are NOT nice. Deri wears disposables at night....we've had enough sleep deprivation the last month or two so I chose to stick with the good old Pampers at night. I did feel bad about my decision at first but if it's not working, then it's not working. You have to do what's best for you and your family!

Hope you and little Layle are doing well! (sorry I haven't text you back....get on MSN tonight if you can...I'll be logged in for the evening now, apart from when I'm putting Deri to bed!)

xxxxx

Cheers hun. I'll try and get on when she's in bed so probs round 8ish, but got xfactor tonight too woopie woop :happydance: xxx

xxxxx

Cheers hun. I'll try and get on when she's in bed so probs round 8ish, but got xfactor tonight too woopie woop :happydance: xxx

Very true - part time convo it will be then! xx

xxxxx

Very true - part time convo it will be then! xx

Sounds good. Speak to you in abit! :thumbup: x

Can anyone reccomend a good night time disposable, I've tried pampers and huggies but dex still wakes up. Is there anything I can do to boost them or maybe there are better ones out there u haven't tried. Thanks

Every disposable I've tried has leaked overnight, Huggies were the worst for us, but Pampers leaked too. I also tried Nature Babies, which also leaked. Cloth is so much better for us than sposies! Weird. :dohh:

Every disposable I've tried has leaked overnight, Huggies were the worst for us, but Pampers leaked too. I also tried Nature Babies, which also leaked. Cloth is so much better for us than sposies! Weird. :dohh:

Totally weird! Maybe these babies just have big wees at different times of day!:dohh:

Yeah lol, I know the times of the day when Freya poos, wees a lot and hardly wees at all - it's cool! :lol: Also, she sleeps on her front, and I think nappies like Pampers have so much more 'nappy' at the back, she was always totally soaked right up her front in them.

i find that too kirsten! daisy isnt too much of a night wetter.......she wees loads afeter her 1st feed of the day :shrug: she always pooes then too gonna try and time it to get her nappy off in time to put her on the loo soon!! lol save me washing the poo off !!! he he

Lol, good idea, I always get her nappy off before she poos, don't think she likes pooing in it really. Not sure what she would think to being hovered over the loo!

i think daisy would wait till i took her away from the loo....dont think it'd work with anything else tho as her pooes are sooooooo explosive at the moment!! lol

Sex sleeps on his front too, he is up every 3 hours and won't settle till I change it. I'm going over to cloth nappies soon so I will try sone of the tips I've seem for overnight cloth ones. Dex wees mostly at night as he feeds alot but he is also pees a lot in general.

OK little update.. Laylas had a sposie on last night and slept 7 -6, so this just confirms that cloth just isnt right at night for us as the night before in a BG she woke every hour atleast!

Aw hun....sleep for you all is more important than her having cloth on at night IMO. xxx

Aw hun....sleep for you all is more important than her having cloth on at night IMO. I wonder why she struggles to sleep in cloth though?? xxx

I think its just the bulkiness of it. She is such a light sleeper anyway and a wriggler too, so maybe just abit uncomfy. She naps in cloth in the day but thats for like 2 hours max. Aahh well! Could be worse! :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->