Giving up smoking

good luck girls
Tori - NHS is the uk"s national health service .

I'm planning on giving up the evil weed as soon as the :witch: has arrived and departed. Part of me is quite excited by this as I feel proactive and I know I will feel a hell of a lot better for it. But part of me is dreading it. I have some rancid NicQuiTin minis :sick: left over from the last time I tried and an equally rancid inhalator but I was wondering if any of you gals have been through the giving up hell and how you did it and if you have any tips? I've given up before and did the cold turkey thing but I had motivation in that I wanted to run the Race For Life without dying. I know TTC should be a massive motivation but it's so stressful that I can't get my head around it.

Thanks in advance ladies!

I'm smoking a roll up while I'm typing this :thumbup:. God help me.

Women that smoke go through menopause 2 years earlier & do not ovulate as frequently. Isn't that enough to put you off? I know it's a difficult habit to kick and I managed to do it myself after being a smoker for 15 years. If I can give up so can you!

As boring as it sounds, I took up cross stitch, knitting and long stitch to keep my hands busy! I also joined a gym and got a personal trainer. Good luck, you can do it! You may also like to try hypnotherapy and do some positive affirmations.

Ok Keek I'm checking in on you....how is it going?

I'm gonna have you doing Yoga in no time....:winkwink:

Kee i use to smoke (i started at 12 years old) and giving up is the hardest thing ever. It's not going to be easy but it i know you can do it. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:xxxx

Oh keekee this stinks!!!! I keep counting the hours to bedtime. Don't crave it when I am sleeping. Good note the house is pretty tidy,lol, geez right in time for the little tornadoes to get home from school.
Anais - that's awesome good for you!

Hey girls, thanks for all the encouragement :hugs::hugs::hugs:.
You're awesome :thumbup:.

Tori, how's it going? LOL, your house must be sparkling :thumbup:. I did really well for a couple of days then fell by the wayside a bit :blush:. BUT, just got the Allen Carr book from the lovely googly and am going to spend this weekend reading that and getting back on track. I'm going to put on weight, sans cigs I can't stop eating. If only I could get my BFP now then I'd feel justified in pigging out. Here's hoping.
I totes know what you mean about counting the hours till bedtime...I think I need a hobby lol.

Hey Keekee, I haven't done so well either. No excuse but tested and had a BFN yesterday and of course went for a cig. House is sparkling. I am cutting it to morning coffee and after dinner. I am expecting AF tomorrow so I think I will enjoy a glass of red and cig with her tomorrow night.

Just remember guys every little you cut back helps ...

Milty is right...cutting back is better than going full force. Also, I think it's very important to make sure that you don't beat yourself up if you slip some. Just acknowledge you're human and get back on track. Being hard on ourselves, no matter our vices, often makes us indulge more than we want. You can do this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->