glasgow centre for reproductive medicine, cardonald glasgow.

I'm really fantastic in my 2ww! Well Jacqui, my lonely little embie is now a frostie, so it's joined yours at the GCRM today! I'm so, so happy right now I can't believe it. I've never ever had a frostie before :happydance:

Wallie, so glad everything is going well for you.
I can't believe that I still get upset every month when AF arrives. Shed a few tears at the weekend again. However, it is a relief knowing that we are all organised to start treatment in aug.
My next dilemma is whether to tell my work or if I will manage to keep it all secret. Not even told my mum yet as don't want her to worry unnecessarily. Did you ladies let your work know the situation?

Some key folk at work know but if it's possible, keep it quiet. I've been through IVF 4 times now, so a few know without me even telling them, if you get what I mean. I just say I'm needing time off again and I'll be off then and possibly then, but we'll just have to wait and see.:haha:

I've told my mum we've been through it, but I've never told her when and how it's going. I usually tell her afterwards. She does worry and doesn't understand it really.

Best of luck, only a month to go now. Does that mean next AF at beginning of August then start drugs CD21?

jac, ffingers crossed the next 9 months fly by and you'll be on mat leave sooner than you know!
Wallie, brilliant you've got a frostie, so so happy for you. Hope you and Jac are both taking it easy...
Bluebell, sorry about the hag arriving.....I've told anyone that'll listen that I'm going for the ivf, My job can be quite full on mentally and physically.... I have good supportive colleages who know about my previous losses and all are rooting for me...of course I will be gutted if all doesnt work out but at least they'll know why when I have a few sore moments....
question girls, I'm now day 4 of northisterone, and I could hardly pick my uterus up from the floor today, Having alot of bloating, it is listed in the side effects, but honestly I did'nt think the bloating would emerge until at least Id started the gonal f, anyone else have the same so early on?

No sorry, I didn't have that bloating at all. I take it you're taking on plenty of fluids. What's helped me go in the past is the activia yoghurt in rhubarb. Maybe try that tomorrow and see if it eases off a bit.

One day I had a stinking headache but I blamed myself for not drinking enough that day. Apart from that one incidence I had nothing to complain about.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Thanks for posting the article Mandy - very interesting. I was so angry reading the comments below however - "if a couple cannot have children naturally then that's life, deal with it. They should just adopt and save the NHS money". This made me so angry!!!!! I work with children who have been severely abused/neglected/traumatised and subsequently removed from their parents; the people who are supposed to love and protect them from harm. THESE are the people who should not be having children, not a loving couple who unfortunately suffer from infertility. It is caring for these poor children that costs the country millions; not assisted conception on the NHS. I get so angry when opinionated people who likely have limited knowledge on the topic, present an argument of infertility somehow being nature's way to control population. Ok, rant over ha! x

Hey ladies, just calculated my costs. Not sure if it was a good idea or not but just under £5000k and that includes everything for my flare protocol and additional drugs like Clexane and Prednisolone.

hi girls, sand hear hear.... I second that... unless you're in the position of infertility yourself, then you're not qualified to have an opinion.

I am better today no bloating, must have been constipation sorry tmi.
Hey wallie, any symptoms to report?wallie try not to think about the money, in a years time you could have one or two babies sitting on your lap and it'll be the best £5k you've ever spent xxxxx

Haha, no, no symptoms at all. I'm quite concious of my stomach though and can't seem to relax it very much and then feel I need to wee alot. Ugh, but nothing at all. :-(

I'm actually not worried about the amount of money we've spent. In total we've spent £13k! But as we're not in debt because of it, it's ok.

Peeing lots is a pregnancy symptom..... As I'm sure you already know.. Jac had it!
Sounds good so far wallie. Xxxxe

I think it's because I've been drinking loads! Nothing else!

Hi Ladies

How is everyone?
Jacqui- you doing ok? Wallie what day are you on now?

Well AF has just arrived for her 5 day stay, ordinarily I would be tearful and feeling down right sorry for myself ( the anger sets in usually day 2!) but I feel ok this month. I don't mean that in the sense that for the first time in forever I feel 'optimitic' realistically. For me finding this thread has gave me hope and the determination to a 'allow' myself to think maybe just maybe I will become a mummy someday!. I received my pack from GCRM this morning (coincidence AF arrives?!!!) anyway I have yet to open it .. I'll do so when DH goes to bed (he's up earlier than me). I dare say there's not much in it that I haven't seen on there website but.. And this maybe due to AF on route.. And I know it'll sound daft .. But receiving that big letter with our names printed next to GCRM gave me the oddiest/excited/sad feeling!. After all this time -----

Girls thanx for making me feel so welcome I never knew how much I need some support until I started reading this thread Xxx

Sorry girls... Predictive text will get me into trouble someday! You'll have to read in between the lines of the above!

e.g =
'I do* mean this in the sense...

Hi Poppop,

Glad you're not feeling so down, it's awful when AF arrives whenever it is. Take your time to read the GCRM info though, there's a bit there but you'll feel more informed when you do. Just think it's the next step to motherhood, not the end.

I think I'm 8dpo today, not sure and I'm not stressing about it at all. First time ever in a cycle. We've got a lot to distract us just now, OH starts new job soon, sold our house today, tomorrow we'll go for another one, I'm getting made redundant! :haha: I laugh as it's all so much and all I want is that :bfp: really! Next Wednesday is official test day. Just hope AF does not appear...

My goodness Wallie!!!

Eh where to start ?!?!! I hope the redundancy isn't too painful! It's difficult to think about fate' but if there is such a thing maybe it's meant to be.. Plenty of time on your hands soon ..to put your feet up and rest your swollen ankles? Hmm - so many 'new starts' on your schedule to come...

We have a unique but common goal and for that I feel your trepidation, nerves and excitement!!! and I so, so hope you get your bfp.

Wallie do they take your blood and let your know the same day?

X

Hey guys, sorry ive been a bit quiet had a busy week- Im good thanks how is everyone else doing? I havent got any major symptoms yet but just taking each day as it comes and taking it easy. I am still going to the toilet a lot so Wallie you never know that could be a symptom for you.

Wallie- Glad you are keeping busy, its good to have a distraction and well done on selling your house, hope everything is ok surronding your redundancy and hope you are relaxing.

Mandy- I was majorly bloated but was mainly after collection but they said it could have been from the drugs or swollen ovaries- Ive went down a bit now thankfully.

Poppop- This is the start of your journey, there is a lot of info in the pack but its really useful.

Hope everyone else is doing fab xxx

I know, so much going on!

Yes, the clinic take bloods but as I'm over and hour and a half away I've got the equipment to go down to the GP's and get the nurse to draw blood. I then wrap it all up in the inner tube of a toilet roll! and send down to the clinic in the post.

The nurse said I'm due to test on the 11th, so if I get the blood drawn on the 10th and send it down, that would be fine. Just saves a big trip for a blood test really.

Even though, god forbid I get my period, I've still to get the blood drawn as that way that can see if the embies tried to implant or not. Sounds sensible really.

I must admit it's getting a bit worrying now if this is going to work or not. I'm normally like that come the 2nd part of the 2ww - 1ww! Obviously today is a big day too, to see if we get this house we're after, so it's a bit worrying all round.

Anyway here's hoping I get my :bfp: and house and like you say can relax with my swollen ankles in my new house very soon!

Morning girls, wallie good news about selling your house, and good luck with the new one.... So sorry to hear about your redundancy, will you get a redundancy package? Hoping and praying for your Bfp from this end.....and if all goes according to plan, then as pop says you'll have time to look after yourself...
I'm with you on the worry, I was in the car earlier and just started crying, had to Compose myself before my neighbour saw the state I was in...... I'm doing a good job letting everyone else know I'm doing alright.
Jac good to hear from you and glad that things are going well..... Time will fly by now...... Xxxxxxx

Things are sounding good with you wallie! Not long to test either, you must be so excited.

Lovely to hear you're doing well jacqui, pregnancy must suit you!

Poppop - glad to have found you girls too.. so much easier to know you are not alone in this difficult situation.

Mandy - I'm like you, I do a great job of looking as though I'm doing ok but quite often a full-on cry in the car happens. Sometimes things just get too much and it's better to let it out. The only other person I sometimes break down in front of is my sister, as she's so supportive and understanding. Of course dh is too, but I try not to burden him too much with my emotions as he already feels as though this whole thing is his fault, and has his own emotions to deal with.

I'm not bothered about being made redundant as I would be leaving anyway but the timing is just perfect. I had the chance of two jobs, a fulltime one and a part-time one or redundancy. We got the house today! :happydance: so I'd be leaving soon anyway, so now instead of having to take one of the jobs, I get my redundancy instead. It's just like a bonus really as I will get 6 weeks redundancy and four weeks notice to boot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->