glasgow centre for reproductive medicine, cardonald glasgow.

OMG, OMG that is so, so brilliant. I'm so pleased for u. Congratulations! :yipee:

Oh and yes I'm chuffed with what's happened so far. Just hope tomorrow is a good fert report. :)

Thanks so much, early days but everything has been so positive so far, doesn't feel real

Hope you get a good rate, let us know, have everything crossed- take it easy x

I can imagine that it doesn't feel real. I just hope I'm next!

Don't worry I'm taking it easy and so should you! xx

first off congratulations Jac! you and oh must be on cloud 9...remember to take it easy now, you are a pregnant lady... possibly with twins:)
Wallie, 7 eggs is fantastic,I'm willing your little embies to grow nice and strong, and you have a good number ready for putting back,when are you planned to have the embie/embies put back..
I have tears in my eyes, I am so happy for you both.
I had my councilling sesh today, was good to chat to someone impartial. Ill see her again in a few weeks.

That's good that you tried the counselling. I suppose it's different for each couple, for what they get out of it but it's good you had a session.

Embryoligist phoned every day. Depends totally on how the embies do, it will obviously be either a 2,3 or 5 day transfer. He also said that it's totally up to us how many we get put back but recommends if we did get to blast (which would be amazing for us) that we just put one back.

It all depends on what happens over the next few days really :shrug:

Congratulations Jacqui. I'm delighted to hear your news. Was this your first cycle of IVF? Can I ask how long you have been TTC? Just curious about everyone's journey to this point.
Wallie, excellent news so far and keeping everything crossed for you.
Glad you found your counselling session worthwhile Mandy:flower:

By the way, it's nice having a wee thread where you can follow some individual stories. I logged on as soon as I got home just to see if you had posted with your results Jacqui!

:thumbup:Hi all

Bluebell bun - I am the same as you! I was anxious to hear the news!. So glad it was a positive outcome. Everything crossed for a super healthy pregnancy.

I feel like I've been stalking you guys for the last couple of weeks so finally thought I'd introduce myself. My questions ate similar to Bluebell bun.

My story - going to self fund a cycle with GCRM end of year or just into next. I have had no treatment apart from clomid x 6 months. Hubby and I trying for 10 years however hitting 30 scared the hell out of me ! That was 2 years ago and since then we've had a barrage of test poking - prodding - you know the drill. Anyhoo nothing - 'unexplained fertility'. There is so much info out there and apologies if I asked too many questions! A lot of the abbreviations etc are new to me. Bizarrely I've stayed away from these sites over the years - in all honestly I think till I hit 30 I was in denial!. Madness eh. X

Poppop, welcome to the thread and I think you can't go wrong with the GCRM.

Best of luck and sorry for the last 10 years, hard going at times eh!

Hi Poppop:flower:. Glad you have joined us. Don't know how you have remained sane over 10yrs. We are unexplained as well. We are likely to be starting treatment in aug.

Hi girls, hope you don't mind if I tag along? Like Poppop, I've read through your posts and was really inspired by the progress you all seem to be making in your journey!

I'm about to phone the GCRM this morning to arrange an appointment for dh and I. After a year of trying (I'm 30, dh is 28), we have found out that dh has a very low sperm count (only 2% of normal numbers) and were told it is very unlikely we will conceive on our own. I've been really devastated about the news, but have managed to see the positive side now and am ready to take action! Dh has been referred to the urologist but we know the wait times for ivf/icsi on the nhs (esp in Glasgow) can be really long, so have decided to self-fund in the meantime.
I've found your comments about the GCRM really encouraging and hope to speak to you all more in the coming months :flower:

Can I ask, is it possible to be on the nhs waiting list for ivf/icsi and go ahead with a self-funded cycle? Thanks in advance x

Hi SS,

I think it's a good idea to be proactive with this ttc malarky. Honestly it does you're head in waiting on the NHS so best you go get this baby yourself. Good luck. You'll be in good hands with the GCRM.

And yes you can definitely do private cycles whilst waiting on the NHS.

Good luck!

Thanks Wallie. I phoned the GCRM and the girl I spoke with was so nice, she took my details and is sending me info to get started. I'm all for taking this situation on now - no waiting on the nhs!

What stage are you at just now? I'm hoping everyone on this thread has good news soon x

Hi everyone,

I've just had a call and out of 6 eggs injected I have 3 that's fertilized. This is great news for me as I've not had the best of previous cycles (3)! Transfer will likely be Friday which will be a 3 day transfer. :happydance:

Good for you SS, they are really nice. As you can see I'm right in the thick of it all just now :)

I'm still subscribed to this thread following my post months ago.

Firstly congrats Jacqui, that's fab news:thumbup:

Wallie, excellent news on your 3 fertilised embies. Everything crossed for good news in a couple of weeks, it's definitely long overdue.

Good luck to everyone else starting their journey.

This Sat marks a year ago since I got my Prostap jag at GCRM, hoping this time next yr you're all as blissfully happily sleep deprived as me xx

Morning,

Mandy- Cant believe it honestly, im glad your councilling session went well and it wont be long until your started, did you OH go with you?

Wallie- Hope you managed to get a decent night sleep, let us know how things are today, ive got everything crossed for you :)

Bluebell- Yeh this was my first cycle of IVF. We have been TTC for 4 years and found out last year that my AMH was low and this was likely the reason for our struggle. I had 1 complete IUI on the NHS but started to worry that i was wasting time and eggs for such a low percentage of success so decided to ditch it and go straight to IVF. The waiting time for us on the NHS was a year but i just felt we had waited long enough and wanted to get started asap. Obv im glad i did now :).

Poppop- Nice to have you join us- Have you had your AMH tested? dont worry about the abbreviations, i cant understand them either :p

sandoval_star- Nice to meet you, you can definently have private cycles whilst waiting on NHS.

Wishing everyone lots of luck xx

Wallie, excellent news :), that was the same as me, 3 fertilised and 3 day transfer and transfer on a friday :D

Oh wallie, that's brilliant,it must be very exciting for you this time....... You and oh have some important decision making over the next few days.....
Welcome, welcome Sandoval and poppop!
My story is on my signature, I am almost 41, and have a history of recurrent miscarriage, never getting further than around 5-6 weeks all natural, but had the pregnancy with IUI last year that went to 17 weeks...... We are having pre implantation genetic screening( pgs)on top of icsi to look specifically at my egg quality....in view of my history I'm particularly anxious that most if not all eggs harvested will not be chromosomallay normal....it's an expensive way to find out...
Can I ask you all ladies how old you are?
If there are anymore lurkers, please introduce yourselves girls, I'd be interested to " meet" other women over 40...

Oh just a wee word to the girls who are unexplained, I was too at one point,ttc for 9 months,hence a referral for IUI... I did find out I had autoimmune thyroiditis, which can cause miscarriage and also infertility... The thyroid antibodies that are present only in the auto immune cause for hypothyroidism attack the thyroid gland seeing it as a foreign object and the theory is that the antibodies attack an embryo also recognising it as a foreign object.... A simple free blood test at my gp found this out, also ask to have a blood test which checks the level of thyroid antibodies...... It's probably a long shot.... My thyroid levels were actually normal, but the low end of normal, so was clinically at the stage where I did not need to be medicated..however the recommendations for me were to start me on low dose thyroxine so that my thyroid level wasn't working so hard.... Sorry for rambling, but I'd recommend being tested....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->