Glasgow/Stirling(shire) Bumps/Mums

Good luck with your anomaly scan! Do you want to find out gender?

I'm struggling with work too - I sit at a desk for 9 hours a shift and it is so sore. I try and get up and walk around but that's sore too!!! Not sure how much longer I will be able to go without going off sick again (have already been off for bleeding early on and terrible sickness - I think they hate me!)

How is everyone else? Can't believe I am 25 weeks tomorrow!! Scary stuff!

Wow 25 weeks! :) I wish I was 25 weeks I feel this is passing so slowly. I would totally suggest speaking to mw about a 1 to 1 appt. I'm refusing to let this spd get any worse and if it means not going to work then fine. I felt guilty at first but as DH cleverly pointed out they had me covering as a manager for almost 6 months last year and had me doing 12 hour shifts which I didnt even get paid extra for so they've made plenty of money out of me. lol.

I hope to find out the gender so i can start bonding a bit better iykwim. This is the last full day of good weather I hear so I hope ure all out enjoying it! X

I went to a physio class too (not the same one as you guys though) and it was very informative. I have to go back for a one on one session as Im getting major shoulder pain (ongoing problem and I have 3 vertebrae which have popped out) which is having an effect on lower back pain and hips (making it worse).

Apart from that all is well. I still havent really bought anything but really need to get my finger out as Im going to run out of time. Truth be told, I just cant be bothered!! x

Hey i've not bought anything either and don't intend to until July. I've had a look at online stuff but not had the guts to purchase yet! Eek. It's just too early for me. Are you just going to do a mad shopping spree or wait to buy all the clothes til after the birth? A girl in my work was team yellow and she hardly bought anything so she could go and get the relevant gender clothes after lo arrival. x

Ive been buying loads! We found out the sex 3 times (one paid for) all confirming another boy! I cant afford to buy everything all at once so have been buying bits as ive seen them. I do still have a lot left from my first son aswell.

I went to a physio class too (not the same one as you guys though) and it was very informative. I have to go back for a one on one session as Im getting major shoulder pain (ongoing problem and I have 3 vertebrae which have popped out) which is having an effect on lower back pain and hips (making it worse).

Apart from that all is well. I still havent really bought anything but really need to get my finger out as Im going to run out of time. Truth be told, I just cant be bothered!! x

Hey i've not bought anything either and don't intend to until July. I've had a look at online stuff but not had the guts to purchase yet! Eek. It's just too early for me. Are you just going to do a mad shopping spree or wait to buy all the clothes til after the birth? A girl in my work was team yellow and she hardly bought anything so she could go and get the relevant gender clothes after lo arrival. x

going to do a mad shop for all the essentials when Im about 34 weeks or so but only buying some clothes as would prefer to buy more once we know what gender bubba is. I dont intend to buy loads anyway as they grow out of them so quickly and baby will be in sleepsuits/babygrows for the first wee while anyway. x

Hey guys just to let you all know scan went really well. We are team blue! Really excited! Hooe youre all well. xx

Congratulations on team blue Bubbles!! Woohoo!! Glad it all went well. xxx

Aw congrats on your scan bubbles :)

Sorry to here you are in so much pain sunshine12 hope you get help to sort it.

I've been fine. Enjoying the weather though time passing slowly for me - feel a bit of a loner these days. Think I felt baby today but can't be sure? Some taps and pops? Can't wait for a definate kick! It was pay day for me yesterday so bought my first maternity jeans 14.99 new look not too bad. Very roomy too :) I've got an appointment at John Lewis tomorrow to play with prams - quite excited! Only bought a car seat so far as it was a great but maxi cosi cabriofix. Also have my 20 week scan in 13 sleeps! Nervous it excited :)

Anyone going to baby show at end of April?

Arcane girl - really hoping for lots of bargains! Have you been before ?

I haven't no, my first sone was born just days before so I didn't feel up to going!

Congrats on team blue Bubbles!!

I really thought I wanted a girl but when I found out boy my brain instantly turned to blue :haha: And now all I can think of is monsters, dinosaurs and tractors!

We've bought / been bought quite a lot already. I wanted to get a lot of it done before I got bigger as I knew when my SPD pain started at 18 weeks it would only get worse as time went on. I had a friend with SPD who ended up having to use crutches in her 3rd trimester so didnt want to take that risk of having to hobble around shops like that :nope:

We're also nearly there on the nursery - I'm a bit of an organisation freak :haha:

Not sure if I'll go to the baby show or not yet... We're going away for a couple of nights and dont get back till late on the Friday and then I have a party on the saturday night... I think I'll see how I feel and pop in for a few hours on the saturday. Is it normally very busy?

I was going to go to the baby show but OH would hate it and its too much hassle for my mum to come through and then me drive there (she lives nearly 2 hours away in the opposite direction). Ive heard its quite good though (albeit very busy!). Ill be about 35 weeks by then so would probably be a bit much for me waddling around in crowds all day anyway. :haha:

Hope you are all well. Hope we can all meet up soon too. My OH is getting bored of listening to me talking about baby stuf!! xxx

Well I had my John Lewis appoinment today and throughly enjoyed it - advisor was lovely no hard selling and she was giving us some info on baby show as well. Basically said very good and lots of freebies to be had but take lots of water and it is very busy but great day out! Really looking forward to it. Also went to mothercare and got measured for bra - I was 32B before pregnancy and today measuring at 34E!! OH thinks this is great - I think bra looks quite scarily huge it's like a hat!

Hope you have all had a great Saturday. Me and my step son are just sitting down with some popcorn to watch Harry potter :)

Handy to know about the freebies and water, had thought of taking a trolley to pack things into :lol:

Sunshine you would be very welcome to tag along with me and a friend if you wanted? (shes also a member here). We'll be meeting at central station before heading over.

Equikm, that's great you enjoyed it! Having mine on tuesday, I'm really looking forward to it. Do they just show you everything, or do they ask what kind of stuff you're interested first, if you have an idea what you want?

Sunshine, where do you live again? I wouldn't mind picking you up at all if it's not too far. We could maybe make the baby show our first meet, if most of us are going anyway? I want to go friday...and maybe again on sunday with my boyfriends mum...I just feel like I want to have a look first without her, as I'm sure she's not really interested in the same stuff as me (cloth nappies being the main thing...).

So what does everyone think? If you all message me I'd love to have you on facebook too, so much easier to keep track of things on there (it'll also be nice to add faces to names finally ;) )

FB sounds good for keeping in touch :D
Were going on the Saturday...somebody mentioned Saurday was a better day to go than Fri/Sun but not sure why

Well i might go sat+sun then...i thought friday would maybe be a bit quieter because people work...but then again I guess a lot of stay at home mummies or people on maternity leave will go then...hm.

Hello girls! :wave:

I'm just along the road from Stirling :) I have 2 girls already age 16 and 3 and expecting a little boy July 14th :D

And I'm going to the baby show with Arcanegirl on the Saturday :D

Day one (the friday) at babyshow is usually the busiest, mind they are all pretty busy but Fri/Sat because that's when there's more freebies!

Also aim to be there at opening time too! Hopefully see more of you there then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->