Glasgow/Stirling(shire) Bumps/Mums

Septemberbaby - we were asked if we wanted to see anything first and said prams. So we concentrated on that. So much info it was great. She encouraged us to see as many prams and push as many as poss. Told us to come back and we can work through other stuff and have a look at cots etc. plus to bring car and we could try pram in it and car seat. Really positive experience too. Hope you enjoy yours too :)

I'm not sure when I'm going to baby show yet as OH night shift that weekend and was going to go with him But dunno if my mum can get that day off. I'm up for adding on Facebook though not made a Facebook announcement yet lol

Oh great, thanks for telling me the car thing! My boyfriends mum was going to pick me up, but I guess she could just come to mine and we'll take my car to john lewis...we have a corsa, so boot space is a concern for us.

AWww girls that would have been fab but Ive now arranged to go back to my mums instead of her coming through here so Im going back on the Thursday until the Sunday so Im gonna give the show a miss. (she said she will help me blitz my ever expanding shopping list!). :( Thanks so much for inviting me though! xxx

Hi Taperjeangirl. Im about 25 mins away from Stirling. :wave:

A facebook group might be good?? Im not sure how to do it though!! Ill go and try it though and see if it works and post a linky.

Edit: Ok Ive figured out how to do it but it wont let me start a group unless I add someones name to join it first and as I dont know anyones details I cant. Can someone post me their facebook link and Ill add you then everyone else can join after that. Does that make sense? :dohh: :shrug: xx

It just puts me through to my news feed... Also, I was thinking for now it should really be a secret group, so those that haven't made their pregnancy facebook official can still join without all of their friends knowing.

So much to think about! :D

It just puts me through to my news feed... Also, I was thinking for now it should really be a secret group, so those that haven't made their pregnancy facebook official can still join without all of their friends knowing.

So much to think about! :D

It wont show up on newsfeeds or anything as its a closed group although if someone searched specifically for the group it will show members. I think the only way to join if its a secret group is to be invited. You cant ask to join IYKWIM.

Try this link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/286487948095659/

That one works. Never knew closed groups don't show up either!

Thats what Ive been told on another non baby related group Im on anyway :shrug: Let me know if Im wrong though. It will show up if someone searches for it but not in your newsfeed from what I can gather. Doesnt show up on mine anyway. x

No you're right, it doesn't show up. I'm "out" anyway, so I wouldn't mind if it showed up...but I know not everyone has told everybody yet.

A little late to the party but thought I'd say hiya. Actually a tiny bit worried in case any pregnant friends (there are a couple) are on here and work out that I'm expecting as we've not told anyone yet! I live in N Lanarkshire but work in Charing Cross area and am expecting a surprise no2 mid-November (still not got over the shock!).
Already have a wee boy (19 months) who was born at Princess Royal and hope to have no2 there too!

Thanks. I'm so freaked/stressed out about it though. Was certainly not in our plans so doing my noodle in trying to work out how we'll cope! :)

Welcome! And congrats on your surprise! I'm sure you will cope just fine and it seems like the perfect age gap to me :thumbup:

Hey, I'm hoping to meet local mums in the Glasgow area but I see this thread hasn't been updated in a while, is there another one somewhere I've missed?x

Hello ladies, i'm looking for pals in the Glasgow area as i'll be moving back in January, down Newcastle way the now wae hubby's job, been here 6mths but we're coming back up the road & would like to make some new pals...i am a mum to 4 boys & TTC =)

hiya chubbycheeks
what area of glasgow ru moving to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back