Glucose Test

theroselegacy

Reaction score
I go for my glucose test in two days and I am not looking forward to it :( I heard you have to drink a bottle of the glucola in 5 minutes and it's like drinking pure syrup? Is the texture really that thick and not like a juice? Lol I'm afraid I'm going to choke on it and get nauseous :( What were others experiences with it?

It's definately syrupy but it's not that thick, it's not as thick as say corn syrup. Maybe the same thickness as real maple syrup(not aunt jemima).

Good luck and try not to stress, I did and it was really not worth stressing about :)

I think it varies place to place. The first one I ever took was fairly thick and overly sweet. Not easy to get down at all, mainly due to the sickly sweetness. I was allowed to drink as much water as I wanted to help it down though so I managed. The last two I've had (different office than the 1st one) weren't bad at all. Very much like flat orange soda, not much thicker and a little bit sweeter. It went down easily and didn't leave much of an aftertaste either.

I've never had one that was that thick. It's been more like orange soda than anything.

Mine was like a flat soda. It was really sweet, a little thicker than soda. I did want to gag a few times but somehow I managed to keep it down. There were also different flavors that I could pick from. There was orange, fruit punch, and lemon lime. I had the lemon line one.

Good luck hun!

Thanks for the feedback ladies! Hoping it won't be overly thick cause it doesn't sound to easy to get down lol. Nevaie that is great they let you drink water with it. I will have to ask about that. Btw how much is it exactly, like in ounces?

Thanks for the feedback ladies! Hoping it won't be overly thick cause it doesn't sound to easy to get down lol. Nevaie that is great they let you drink water with it. I will have to ask about that. Btw how much is it exactly, like in ounces?

Mine was fairly small, maybe 8 ounces or so. It's in like a mini soda bottle.

For my one hour test I had the orange inns that tasted just like a flat Sunkist..not the worst thing but sweeter than a regular soda and not carbonated. For my three hour i hat the fruit punch which was way better, almost could say it was good lol they weren't really thick tho.

Not too bad. I have to drink it twice but different time. I fail my test :( I love sweet and this time I fail because of timbits and hot chocolate :(

I failed both and got diagnosed with GD at 30 weeks. It's not that big of a deal. But it's really common to fail the first test and pass the longer one

When they gave it to me, it was just like drinking an orange fanta without the carbonation and it gave me the WORST tummy ache haha

Mine wasn't too bad, it was like a sweet, flat version of lucozade.

Hi ladies, well I went for the test last week and it was not as bad as I thought it would be!! So glad it's over though. I was worried about having it on an empty stomach, but the hour of waiting went by fast. It basically was like orange soda without the carbonation (as many of you said). I started getting a few hot flashes...I have no idea why. But besides that I have no complaints! Thanks for all your feedback :)

Hi ladies, well I went for the test last week and it was not as bad as I thought it would be!! So glad it's over though. I was worried about having it on an empty stomach, but the hour of waiting went by fast. It basically was like orange soda without the carbonation (as many of you said). I started getting a few hot flashes...I have no idea why. But besides that I have no complaints! Thanks for all your feedback :)

I had the hot flashes during the 3 hour test - felt like I was going to pass out a few times! GL hun I hope you passed! When do you find out?

I had mine this morning and it was like semi flat orangeade.

Definitely wasn't thick and I only had to drink a small cup.

I treat myself to some pick and mix afterwards as a reward for enduring the boring wait! Don't think that's really the point but I couldn't resist!

I had mine this morning and it was like semi flat orangeade.

Definitely wasn't thick and I only had to drink a small cup.

I treat myself to some pick and mix afterwards as a reward for enduring the boring wait! Don't think that's really the point but I couldn't resist!

:haha: any excuse for a treat is a good one :)

I had the hot flashes during the 3 hour test - felt like I was going to pass out a few times! GL hun I hope you passed! When do you find out?

I find out this Thursday! and Thank you! I hope I passed it:)

I liked mine lol it tasted good going down, just like flat green soda.. But I feel sick in the tummy afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->