Glucose tolerance test tomorrow

cs22

Mum and ttc# 2
Reaction score
Hi all, Ive got my glucose tolerance test tomorrow at 9:15am and im a little nervous. I dont like needles at all. Then my midwife announced to me that ive got to have another blood test tomorrow as well to check iron levels. Im not looking forward to this. Last time i had a needle i saw it and passed out. Im a wimp i know :hissy:

:hugs: The worst bit is the 2 hrs inbetween take a good magazine or book :hugs:

Ask the person drawing the blood to use a "butterfly needle." It's much thinner and you can barely feel it.

Good luck hun! I have mine on wednesday :( I don't mind getting blood taken, but my veins are rubbish and people find it really hard to get anything out of me.

Drink tons of water (will help with the hunger pangs too) and as Zoey said, ask for a baby needle if you can!

Only sip water and take food for after!

When do you get the results?

I used to be a bit like this with needles but now I try not to look at it now and think of what I am buying for tea or whatever. With my first pregnancy I fainted every time they took blood but once I did take chocolate to have after it and it did work. Good luck xx

I would ask for the results sooner... I got mine the same day only because of the very high reading

I was told 48 hrs for results 2 wks sounds a long time good luck xxx

Hey!

I just wanted to wish you luck with your glucose test tomorrow!

I have had 3 now and the 2nd of those showed I had gestation diabetes...I got the results bak the week after when I next attended the clinic. Not really sure why I had the 3rd one done already bring on medication for it but hey ho.

Maybe ask to laydown when they take your bloods and also use a smaller needle. I had to do that for my 2nd test as I was feeling so ill and alomost passed out.

Hope everything goes well.

Emma.xx

Only sip water and take food for after!

When do you get the results?

I think they said about two weeks after but im not sure. Im going to ask them tomorrow

i had my test thursday and my results were back for me to ring up and find out friday, but i think this depends on where you live etc...

Shouldn't they be taking the bloodwork for your iron levels when they take the blood for the glucose test? Thats what they did when I got mine done.

The test isn't bad...i don't actually get results back...just the next DR's visit, if there's a problem, he'll let me know!
Don't worry at all..it's really not that bad!

The test isn't bad...i don't actually get results back...just the next DR's visit, if there's a problem, he'll let me know!
Don't worry at all..it's really not that bad!
Oh and not to scare you...just to prepare you, there are 2 needles...you know that right?

I only had one needle. Why would you need two??

Hi all, Ive got my glucose tolerance test tomorrow at 9:15am and im a little nervous. I dont like needles at all. Then my midwife announced to me that ive got to have another blood test tomorrow as well to check iron levels. Im not looking forward to this. Last time i had a needle i saw it and passed out. Im a wimp i know :hissy:

Well mine was horrible! lmao!! :rofl:
because they can never take my blood,they tried twice in my one arm and three times in the other and then they finally got it out of my the back of my hand! ouch! :hissy:
The drink itself is not too bad,just tastes like really bad,watered down cheap squash....yuck!
the two hours waiting around were not too bad either as my hospital had a t.v and me and o/h watched jeremy kyle!! lol :rofl:

The results take two weeks to come back and mine came back all clear which was good! :happydance:
But just to let you know that they also take blood when you go back to get the results as this is in your 28th week so they check for antibodies..which i didnt realise! :blush:
but im sure you will be fine, :hugs::hugs:

:hug:

let us all know how it goes!

Well mine was horrible! lmao!! :rofl:
because they can never take my blood,they tried twice in my one arm and three times in the other and then they finally got it out of my the back of my hand! ouch! :hissy:

:rofl: Youre the same as me then. Its like getting blood out of a stone. They try 3 times before im willing to part with it :rofl:

yup! its so horrible isnt it!!?!!

i didnt mind before i was pregnant because giving blood very rarely happened....but now i feel like they are after it all the blinking time!! lol

how did it go for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"