glue ear

freddiesmum

mummy of two
Reaction score
:wacko:
So we have just got back from freddies hospital appoitment for his hearing check and it turns out he has glue ear in both ears!! Im dumbfounded because i never thought there was a problem but it turns out that his left ear is only slightly under the pass rate but his right ear is WAY under and he proberly can only hear if you speak to him in a raised voice!! So now im painicing about his speech development and so forth!! I know hes only 40weeks corrected but I look to the future!
Anyone elses LOs suffer from it?
xxx hope you are all well xxx:hugs:

hi there

wee Elsie had glue ear both sides, she was diagnosed prob about just over 1 year corrected. ended up with grommits and her adenoids out (i think coincidentally as had constant runny nose!!) - i was worried about her speech, but she has been absolutely fine - no impact on speech at all.. what have the hospital suggested? xxx

well hes still only 40weeks corrected so they have made another appoitment for 8months time in which we are hoping the fluid starts to drain and his hearing will improve. they didnt really say much else. i was reading a poster in the hospital whilst they were testing and just saw that it said speech problems, behavioural problems and less interaction with others!! but they did say that if it didnt resolve he would get gromits. did your LO have like a snort aswel?? (random question lol) xx

well hes still only 40weeks corrected so they have made another appoitment for 8months time in which we are hoping the fluid starts to drain and his hearing will improve. they didnt really say much else. i was reading a poster in the hospital whilst they were testing and just saw that it said speech problems, behavioural problems and less interaction with others!! but they did say that if it didnt resolve he would get gromits. did your LO have like a snort aswel?? (random question lol) xx

hiya
Elsie got 3 hearing tests before her grommits, when she was coming up for 2 years old, the fluid didn't drain for her. she has none of the above, thank goodness I didn't see that poster, would have panicked!!! she didn't snort, just had a runny nose all of the time, 2 gooey tracks constantly, yuk!!!! xx

Did you say the other day Freddie was "cooing" at you? Interaction already is great, and he's vocalising so to me that's all positive! It's easy to feel overwhelmed with surprise news, just keep doing what you're doing, you know Freddie better than anyone. I hope the fluid starts to drain before his next appointment :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->