• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"go to your room, mummy doesn't want you"

Not exusing his words AT ALL- I would be furious too- but at 1yr, most likely LO didn't truly understand his words- BUT, he most certainly understand the tone or actions in that moment. He might of even been more upset that your OH picked him up and took him away from you and then left him in his room alone...

For sure have a good chat with him about what is OK from a parenting perspective. You both need to be on the same page - best you can. :hugs:

Get out while you still can. That is unacceptable he would be out right away if that was me. No child should ever and I mean ever hear that.

I really hope this is tongue in cheek. I honestly can't tell.... Hmmmm

Not exusing his words AT ALL- I would be furious too- but at 1yr, most likely LO didn't truly understand his words- BUT, he most certainly understand the tone or actions in that moment. He might of even been more upset that your OH picked him up and took him away from you and then left him in his room alone... For sure have a good chat with him about what is OK from a parenting perspective. You both need to be on the same page - best you can. :hugs:

This is what Iwas thinking too. At his age, I'm sure he was very upset at being removed from you, and being spoken to that way, not at what was actually said. When my lo gets upset, its usually over the situation and/or tone I'm using, not the words I'm using. For now. Obviously that will change as his understanding gets better.

Hopefully the situation won't occur again now that he has seen how wrong it was. This is a good time to really be changing any bad habits like that because going forward, your child WILL eventually understand much better, and that's what you're trying to prevent here.

tbh i don't think it's that bad *shrug* i don't think he meant it in a mummy doesn't actually want you kind of way but more a mummy is busy right now kind of way but because he was late for work and micah was crying he got flustered and it came out wrong. similar has happened to me before, he apologised so i would just forget it and move on x

I'm sure Micah wasn't crying because he thinks you don't want him, your OH was probably more harsh than he meant to be and probably said it in a bad tone of voice - it's more likely that and being picked up and dumped in another room that upset him because he didn't understand. I would be pretty upset if my OH said something like that to my LO though, she might not realise now what it means but they develop so quickly that if something similar was said a few months down the line she may very well know what it means.

In a similar situation I would have picked my little girl up and put her in her cot or another room and tried to distract her with a toy - better to be safe than sorry.

I would of been fuming... tbh i'd probably of slapped my OH for that, how rude xx

I'd also be furious. Have you spoken with him about this?

Can I just say how nice and supportive and fair you all are! I'm sure if I'd have posted this on baby club there'd have been calls for me to pack his bags! :haha:

Lol, that really amused me ! X

Thanks everyone, yes we've spoken about it and he apologised. He was just stressed and said the wrong thing. Water under the bridge now!

Ever since reading this I've been trying to think of times when my oh has said similar ridiculous things. He does it all the time but funny how you can't think of an example when you want one! Closest thing is that on our wedding night (two months ago) I said to him, "I'm the luckiest girl in the world". His reply... "Well I guess I'm lucky enough but certainly not the luckiest man alive, it's not like I've won the lottery". Honestly, they just don't engage brain sometimes!!

Glad you sorted it out x

I'd be furious too but Thomas wouldn't understand what he said. Bloody men.

Ever since reading this I've been trying to think of times when my oh has said similar ridiculous things. He does it all the time but funny how you can't think of an example when you want one! Closest thing is that on our wedding night (two months ago) I said to him, "I'm the luckiest girl in the world". His reply... "Well I guess I'm lucky enough but certainly not the luckiest man alive, it's not like I've won the lottery". Honestly, they just don't engage brain sometimes!!

Glad you sorted it out x

:shock:

Wow, what was your OH thinking saying something like that?

In all honesty, id be furious as well and prob would give the wedding venue hunting a miss until this issue was discussed and OH understood it was a horrbe cruel thing to say and NOT ON.

I totally get the way you feel. Id feel the same, and prob would have gone off my head at DH at the time he said something like that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->