Gobsmacked

Like Vickie said this topic as been brought up alot, and is always heated.

People will always have different opnions on this kind of thing.

the std info is based on if stuff gets trapped under the foreskin... wash!!! wear a condom!

this is winding me up....

the std info is based on if stuff gets trapped under the foreskin... wash!!! wear a condom!

True. I have to say, how many people are walking around with gonorrhea? :S I've never slept with anyone with an STD. Ok, I know that sounds like I don't think it happens, because it obviously does but surely it's not THAT common?

surly having a foreskin makes no odds if you stick it in someone whos got something youll prob get it too

Ok, ladies, that poll was not meant to start any debates and that was my wish. No one is to really be made to feel badly for what they believe in and/or their choices due to culture, country etc.

I am somewhat upset that that poll was taken to a debate, a debate which has been discussed time and time again.

teach your boys how to clean them selfs no need to chop bits off....

Deffo ... anyone that would use circumcision as a lazy way out of keeping their child clean would be mad.

I personally have no real preference over it but i know Carl has and as he's the one with the penis i just go with it lol

i dont want anyone to think that im making anybody to feel bad for what they believe in thats not my intention. as i said each to their own its your choice but i find it so hard to believe that people seriously think choping it off will protect against stds...

Its also winding me up, as there is alot on the internet that states the benefits of it.

But at the end of the day some people are not for it and some people are, but i don t think that people should shout people down for making decisions on what they want to do with their child.

Everyone makes personal decisons and it all comes from people background, what they think is right, religion etc etc.

But i think must people think that " oh its awful to do that to your boy , so painful. But they get it when they really young and its just like injection or get their toothout. Its not cruelty. Thats my last comment on it cos it would just go on and on.

But at the end of the day some people are not for it and some people are, but i don t think that people should shout people down for making decisions on what they want to do with their child.

Everyone makes personal decisons and it all comes from people background, what they think is right, religion etc etc.

Agree with this.

I have my own opinions on this but i wouldnt judge anybody for whatever reason they decide to do it. At the end of the day, its not any of my business to try and convince people otherwise or to push facts down peoples throats.

I am somewhat upset that that poll was taken to a debate, a debate which has been discussed time and time again.

I did think that you'd be a little annoyed at reading this thread, after youd asked for it not to be an all out debate

Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions and should be left at that for now ...

never really got the whole circumcision debate (and especially why some out of principle are so against it). I'm not circumcised, but as a man I can see advantages of it... it's really not as taboo as it used to be. Personal opinions aside, having this done is no more of a trauma for the baby than having it's booster shots (unlike my mate who had it done in his twenties... poor fucker).

take out the whole STD arguement I'm sure if you wanted to do it your son wouldn't hold it against you... as long as you don't chop his whole dick off :muaha:

I did think that you'd be a little annoyed at reading this thread, after youd asked for it not to be an all out debate

Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions and should be left at that for now ...

I was very appreciative of those who responded to that thread and my wishes of no debates. It truly was wonderful to see those had respected that I only wanted two questions answered.

I wouldn't have posted it if I had thought it would go this far. As a result, I've deleted my thread.

I sort of feel I should apologise for starting this off however deep down i dont think I should. As I said earlier, although subjects like this are emotive and can get heated, it does give the opportunity to hear others opinions. How can we make informed decisions, choices or opinions unless we get to hear both sides? I wanted to get a broader outlook on this subject as it made no sense to me.....I dont think that is wrong. As far as it being discussed many times before, I am sure that just about every subject on here has been discussed many times before.....that is the nature of a subject specific forum unfortunately....there is repetition, especially for long standing members.

I am sorry if I am upset anyone by starting this thread but I am not sorry for wanting to get a better understanding of this. It still makes no sense to me but at least now I am aware of peoples motivations.

All im going to say is my first boyfriend was circumsized and my OH is uncircumsized and none is more/less cleaner than the other. All men (and women) will get scummy if they dont wash enough!

I personally think it is up to the person when they are older which is why I wont have my child's ear pierced either. It might be more painful when they are older but they will undertsand the risk/benefits more.

But each to their own - difference is what makes people great!!

i want to say sorry if i have upset anybody but as was said before everyones aloud their own points of view i was just voicing mine :-D

I was very appreciative of those who responded to that thread and my wishes of no debates. It truly was wonderful to see those had respected that I only wanted two questions answered.

I wouldn't have posted it if I had thought it would go this far. As a result, I've deleted my thread.

I started this in a seperate thread as to try and keep to your wishes that your poll wasnt turned into a debate. I 'AM' sorry if I have upset you, but I also feel that within a public forum I am not out of line for expresing my shock at your poll results.

I started this in a seperate thread as to try and keep to your wishes that your poll wasnt turned into a debate. I 'AM' sorry if I have upset you, but I also feel that within a public forum I am not out of line for expresing my shock at your poll results.

I think the poll results spoke for themselves. Look at the numbers of those that won't be circumcising. It truly looks like the statistics are getting higher than those that will be.

At the same time, it's normally a decision that has to do with beliefs, culture, religion, country, etc. Often by debating this decision, one is also putting down one's beliefs.

This debate is almost like religion. If someone was atheist and one was Catholic, would there be a debate as such discussing why one was better than the other? These type of debates lead to hurt feelings.

I understand if it's done for religious or medical reasons, but apart from that, I really don't see the point of putting a baby through that pain!

There is no more pain than a injection or getting their teeth out. Honestly it is done when they are really small and the doctor distracts them like they do when they getting anything done.

Its a different story if a boy gets it done when they 20. I don 't see the big deal with it.

I just wanted to have my say so people dont think bad of me for saying I will be having my son circumsised. My son will be circumsised purely for religious reasons. It is nothing to do with cleanliness or catching Stds because as responsible parents it is our job to teach them about washing properly and about safe sex when the time comes. As for it being cruel and painful, that would only be if you left it until the child grows up and is fully aware of what is happening to him which is what happened to my husband when he was 7. Therefore my son will be circumsised as soon as he is well enough and a doctor agrees he is well enough which could be at birth or a few months old. I hope this doesnt make me appear any less of a good mother purely for choosing to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->