Gobsmacked

I too live in North America, in British Columbia like Leeanne, and I barely even know any men who have NOT been circumcised.
My husband has been done, so if we have a boy, he will be done also. Back when my parents were little, circumcision was not even a choice for parents, it was done automaticaly at the hospital right after the baby was born. That has changed, but the majority of people here still choose to have it done. The difference now is that we have to pay for it ourselves, rather than it being covered.

the std info is based on if stuff gets trapped under the foreskin... wash!!! wear a condom!

this is winding me up....
could not agree more babe! Guys would geta smelly cock regardless of skin, it about the washing. My ex was circum, my hubby is not and my hubby is WAAAY cleaner, and more, ahem... pleasant to be near down there than my ex ever was. Cleanliness is alot of crap. Either that or my ex was a dirty minger!:blush:

religion, and personal preference, fair enough. I wont be going down that route unless it was needed though, everyone is entitled to what they believe in, I just dont beleive in it, it does not make me a bad person, nor does it make people who do believe in it a bad person either.

WellI'm in US and it's a very common thing over here.If I was to have a boy he would get it done.

I agree with Rea,it's cleaner,more hygenic and since everybody has it done over here I wouldn't want him to feel ashamed and different.

So Molly don't kill me please.

I mean,this is a bit of a silly debate since I have no reason to justify my choices over my child to anyone and neither does anybody else.

I think this thread should close soon, its going to get out of hand....

my bf is circumcised and to be honest, it just looks alot better i think and is just so much more clean. he chose to do it when he was in his early teens and said the pain was terrible. i dont think i would do it to my baby though, as i don't have a religion or culture to back it up. if its a boy and he's that desperate to get it done, then i will let him make that choice when he is older- i don't want to take that choice away from him

but there must be foreskin for a reason, god didnt just stick it on there for a laugh

Just to play devils avocatt (hehe) I'd be interested to know how peoples opinions on this mesh with the 'Pierce a little girls ears?' question. Because personally I find both practices distasteful. I wondered how many 'no circumcisionists' would have their daughters ears pierced and why they feel that's different.

I am genuinely interested, I think a bit of debate is good for a society or else it stagnates. :) Noones having a pop we're just sharing our views. :friends::amartass:

Just to play devils avocatt (hehe) I'd be interested to know how peoples opinions on this mesh with the 'Pierce a little girls ears?' question. Because personally I find both practices distasteful. I wondered how many 'no circumcisionists' would have their daughters ears pierced and why they feel that's different.

I am genuinely interested, I think a bit of debate is good for a society or else it stagnates. :) Noones having a pop we're just sharing our views. :friends::amartass:

don't mean to start another debate, just thought i'd add that a small hole in the ear can close up, but a boy cant really get his foreskin back when he's older

having this done is no more of a trauma for the baby than having it's booster shots />

Im afraid i have to disagree with that. As a nurse ive looked after children who have just been circumcised and know the pain they are in when they wake up. (I'll always remember one little boy... when he woke up he burst into tears and shouted 'mummy my winkle hurts' bless him!)It can also sting like hell when they pee and can be uncomfortable/sore for a few days. Unlike having an injection where its all over with in a few seconds.

To those that are pro circumcision.....would you circumcise your daughter? Why is it so different to circ a male than a female? It's disfiguration whichever way you look at it.

Unless there are medical or religious reasons, there really isn't an excuse. Just saying "personal preference" is such a cop out. Ugh. DH isn't circumcised and he has never had any problems with STD's, cleanliness, or anything else.

All of the above is MO of course.

I apologise in advance to Leanne for this thread as I know you stated you didnt want a debate on the whole circumcision issue but I am truly amazed at the amount of people who have said yes they would have their sons circumcised.....i dont get it????? please can someone explain this to me!!!

Ok....religious reasons i can accept. If it had to be done for a medical reason then fair enough.....but what other reason is there for putting your baby through this.

This has seriously blown my mind

circumcised/not circumcised
breastfeed/bottle feed
soother/no soother
cot/moses basket
stay at home mum/working mum

people are going to bring up THEIR babies however they feel is best for THEIR child and shouldn't have to explain themselves - sorry but its true!

To those that are pro circumcision.....would you circumcise your daughter? Why is it so different to circ a male than a female? It's disfiguration whichever way you look at it.

Unless there are medical or religious reasons, there really isn't an excuse. Just saying "personal preference" is such a cop out. Ugh. DH isn't circumcised and he has never had any problems with STD's, cleanliness, or anything else.

I'm sorry,I know it's turning into a debate but I had to reply to this.

Circumsision of girls means that they take a piece of broken glass or a dirty razor and cut out their CLITORIS and generally mutilate their entire vaginal area so that they would never have an orgasm since it is only a privilage for a man.
It's is used in many middle east cultures where a woman is highly degrated.

Male circusision doesn't even fall into the same category as this.
When a man has it done,nothing is different for him except that it's even easier for him,THIS disgusting thing is not called femal circumsision,it's called mutilation and a big percentage of women die during the procedure.

Please don't even compare the two.

No comparison , like Nicky said.

disfiguration is just the total wrong word, as it doesnt make someone penis look disfigured. :dohh:

don't mean to start another debate, just thought i'd add that a small hole in the ear can close up, but a boy cant really get his foreskin back when he's older

Absolutely and if you read what I've written you will see that I would countenance neither. What I'm interested in is that some parents would agree to inflict pain on thier child for no very good reason and I wonder why this would be? :)

Also ear piercing holes never really close up without leaving a mark, as for a boy not getting his foreskin back, that is exactly why I would never remove that choice from my son. :shrug: Again y'know, it's not said derogitarily ( if that's even a word :lol: ) and I'm not expecting to convince people not to do it. I'm simply trying to understand why a person would make this choice.

Please don't even compare the two.

Like I said, what I originally posted was my opinion and in my opinion, they're exactly the same. Cutting off a girls clitoris is just as barbaric as taking away a boys foreskin. It doesn't matter HOW it's performed, that's not the point.

Carmen said:
disfiguration is just the total wrong word, as it doesnt make someone penis look disfigured

Again, that's a matter of opinion. I DO think that circ'd men look disfigured without an erection, but that's just me.

There are a few video's on youtube showing babies being circ'd. I'm not going to post them here but if you watch any of them and don't get upset, then you're a harder person than me.

Finally, did you know that not ONE medical association in the world recommends circumcision? Interesting.........

Anyway, that's my say on the matter. It's all down to personal choice I guess.

circumcised/not circumcised
breastfeed/bottle feed
soother/no soother
cot/moses basket
stay at home mum/working mum

people are going to bring up THEIR babies however they feel is best for THEIR child and shouldn't have to explain themselves - sorry but its true!

Very well said, I couldnt agree more. I dont think people circumcise their sons just to inflict pain. I mean come on whos going to do that.

Like I said, what I originally posted was my opinion and in my opinion, they're exactly the same. Cutting off a girls clitoris is just as barbaric as taking away a boys foreskin. It doesn't matter HOW it's performed, that's not the point.

:shock:

I don't mean to start an argument really but I think thousands of women who had this MUTILATION of their vaignal area,who had it done without anaesthetics,on a filthy rock while they screamed and their mother held them down,fainted from shock several times bled so much,couldn't sleep,walk or do anything for months and a HUGE number of them dies from pain and bleeding would agree with you.
It's NOT circumcision,it's MUTILATION.

And it makes me sick to my stomac just to think about it.

A circumsized male does not go through any of that,and it does not reduce his sexual pleasure.He pretty much lives his life like a man who isn't circumsized.

:shock:

I don't mean to start an argument really but I think thousands of women who had this MUTILATION of their vaignal area,who had it done without anaesthetics,on a filthy rock while they screamed and their mother held them down,fainted from shock several times bled so much,couldn't sleep,walk or do anything for months and a HUGE number of them dies from pain and bleeding would agree with you.
It's NOT circumcision,it's MUTILATION.

And it makes me sick to my stomac just to think about it.

A circumsized male does not go through any of that,and it does not reduce his sexual pleasure.He pretty much lives his life like a man who isn't circumsized.

But that's just your opinion. If you ask all the mothers of the girls that have it done, it's female circumcision. Different cultures, different opinions.

The way you feel about female circumcision is the same way I feel about male and female circumcision. And actually, being circumcised DOES reduce male sexual pleasure.

A brief factsheet on circumcision:

https://www.ncfm.org/circumcisionfactsheet.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"