Gobsmacked!!!

gosh....

I'm a council tenant in serious need of help and it due to women like her that no one listens.....

OH works 40+ hours a week we pay our own rent and bills and don't expect people to look after our kids for us money wise....
As we speak both my girls have lung damage, my OH has had pneumonia 3 times in a matter of 5 weeks. We live in a house that we found out had been badly water damaged only weeks before we were moved in. But no one will move us as we have now done to much work to the house our selves to improve it that its in a limbo stage of no being bad enough to warrant us moving and still too bad for my family health.....
Am i ringing the daily mail and crying about it? no im 23 weeks pregnant and working hard to improve my house, and so far its going well. by june this house will be mould and damp free and perfect and I will know I did it myself.

this woman is a filthy cow who is freeloading and simply a disgrace....that mould has never been cleaned once its painfully obvious its been left to fester.

It is sadly people like like that who give everyone with big familes or on benefits a bad name.

She's not managing if she gets that much in benefits. I can't have a second child anytime soon because we can't afford it.

We earn £60k a year between us and can't afford a 2 week summer holidays every year. This year we have booked a week in lyme regis, nothing last year and a long weekend in the New forest the year before that.

Silly cow doesn't deserve a move, who the HELL blocks up vents and endangers their children just for a bigger house. SICK!

My cousin is trying this game at the moment. I had to really bite my tongue at Christmas - she sat there, pulling the whole "woe is me" routine, going on and on about her kid's health and having chest problems and how bad the mould in her house is - and I mentioned the stuff that we have to do pretty regularly here to keep condensation (and mould as a consequence) down - things like opening windows, wiping down walls and windows (we've got a solid brick house, no cavity walls and still have a couple of the original 80 year old single-glazed windows), and attacking things with bleach and mould resistant paint on occasion - plus have moisture traps in the rooms that are badly affected... did she want any constructive suggestions what to do? Nope - she wasn't prepared to do ANY of that - just wanted to moan on and get rehoused somewhere that suited her more and had the attitude that the council should do it all for her...

Then she started calling me a bad mum because I was going to find out the sex of the baby (wanted to find out to know whose hand-me-downs to bagsie - boring yet financially sensible reason!) and I didn't sit there for three hours on an evening reading Twilight to my bump like she had (I consider this an act of mercy and literary preservation personally)... but that's another story. Should just get hubby to start on Lord of the Rings to the bump now - might be finished by the time it leaves home and goes to uni.

We went to Pontins Soutport last year, was a shite hole, we lasted 3 days before coming home.

Clearly for her it was a home from home :rofl:

V xxx

Also want to add, when the council gave us this place i took it even though i needed bigger because i was just grateful after a TEN year wait in temporary accomodation to get a house to call ours. When i moved in my house was DISGUSTING! The floors stank of animal urine, the floor boards upstairs were soaked in urine, the toilet leaked, i fell through a floorboard in one of the bedrooms :haha:, we found cat POO behind the kitchen cupboards, the radiators were thick with animal HAIR, basically the house was VILE. I later found out through the neighbours that when the previous tenant done a runner she left the house KNEE DEEP in animal faeces. :sick:

I had to clean the house from top to bottom as well as working 12 hour shifts before i could even move in, we lived in one room whilst decorating the other rooms because they were just not suitable for a child to be running around on. I had to get on my hands and knees and chisel up vinyl floor tiles because they were soaked in animal urine. Did i complain and feel sorry for myself? NO I got down my hands and knees, spent money and made it our HOME! You would never guess the state of the house when i moved in, although i do have pictures of it that i sent to the council to make a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->