• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

goin to bed with a bottle HELP

XxPrInCeSsNaI

Reaction score
hey i no its bad but my daughter is 17 months and wont sleep with out a bottle im really worried about her teeth she has a beaker in the day but takes a bottle to bed just wondering if any one could give me advice on how to stop this habbit

I have no idea. Madi is 2.5 and she still has a bottle of water before bed :(

thats not bad cos its water olivia has juice or milk when she gose to bed

Derrin still has a bottle at bedtime and i keep a bottle of water at the side of his bed incase he wakes for a drink through the night. Every child is different and you know what is best for your child.

Wendy
x

thanks i just worry cos health vistors at my baby group always tells me off :( and says its really bad for her teeth.

emily still has her bottle and her
teeth are fine :thumbup:

I wouldn't panic too much...yes its not great for her teeth but at the same time her teeth won't all fall out because she still has a bottle at bedtime. As long as you're cleaning her teeth as well as you can and that's the only bottle she is having then I think its ok.

Tom's the same age and he still has a bottle of milk at bedtime but that's his only one now. We do our best with cleaning his teeth 2x a day but sometimes it is a real battle. I'm going to try getting him onto a beaker at bedtime soon but mainly becuase I've had enough of washing bottles now!

Holly still has a bedtime bottle of milk. I am in no rush to get rid of it, her speech is great, her teeth are perfect and it gives her comfort before bedtime - she doesn't suck her thumb, or have a dummy (never has), I figure she will let me know when she doesn't need it any more (like she has with all other bottles).

thats made me feel better thanks girls she has 2 bottles a day one milk mid moring then a milk bottle to go to sleep with a nite some times a juice bottle

we stopped lillys just before her 2nd birthday and christmas (DECEMBER BABY) and we told her father christmas thought she was a big girl now and he is coming to take her bottle and dummy away and she was toally fine with it.... father christmas came back 6 months later and took her napies too hahhaha...

I was worrying about this and my mum said I was having a bottle until way past my second birthday, and there's nothing wrong with my teeth!

Holly still has a bedtime bottle of milk. I am in no rush to get rid of it, her speech is great, her teeth are perfect and it gives her comfort before bedtime - she doesn't suck her thumb, or have a dummy (never has), I figure she will let me know when she doesn't need it any more (like she has with all other bottles).

^WSS x

My cousins little girl is 4 and still has a bottle of milk for bed! They've tried stopping it but she gets way too upset, anyhow her teeth are lovely x

oh thats a brill idear her birthdays in january so i could try that :thumbup:

as loong as you brush their teeth well i dont see too much of a problem..... xxx

the one thing i would say though is getting rid of the drink/bottle before bed will makee potty training that bit easier i think.... if they are still going to bed with drinks and have access to drinks in night it may make night time potty training harder as their little bladders will be full..... xxx

Lilly wont sleep unless she has a bottle of juice or milk in bed with her. #she has all her teeth and is not causing any damage or for them to come forward and she lives with a dummy 24/7 cause she wont give it up lol xx

some kids have blankets or toys or summet to comfort them in bed, just happens to be lillys comfort is the bottle xx

Lilly wont sleep unless she has a bottle of juice or milk in bed with her. #she has all her teeth and is not causing any damage or for them to come forward and she lives with a dummy 24/7 cause she wont give it up lol xx

some kids have blankets or toys or summet to comfort them in bed, just happens to be lillys comfort is the bottle xx

yep my livi is the same apart from she dont have a dummy she has juice or milk when she gose to sleep feel so much better now cos the health vistors and other mothers at my baby group think its bad so made me feel guilty :growlmad:

zane still loves bottles and hes almost 3, he still has a bottle of water in bed so cant give u tips for getting ur lo off it :/ altho zanes got great teeth so a bottle hasnt effected him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"