going #2 - embarrassing question

HearMyPrayers

Reaction score
For the past couple of days when I do a BM it hurts. Both yesterday and this morning I noticed blood when I wiped after the bm coming from my bum not my vagina and its hurts, I think I tore something because my stool has been really hard, which is opposite to what I've been experiencing since becoming pregnant.

Any advise? I drink tons of water already just not sure if there is something else I can do I'm dreading going #2 again cause its just OUCH!

You're taking a prenatal, right? They can back you up tremendously which can be extremely painful. When I started taking prenatals, it wrecked such havoc on my stomach, I would cry. I use a fiber powder now every other day and it helped so much.

I've been having a similar problem - never experienced it before. I drink plenty of water too but because of ms my diet hadn't been amazing. I ate as much high fibre food as I could - cereal, forced some carrots and tomatoes down me, baked beans, whole meal pasta, lots of fruit and so far it seems to be helping. Also read that putting a touch of witch hazel on cotton wool and pressing on can help with the pain but I haven't tried that yet. Good luck! Not a nice preggo symptom eh?

Yeah my prenatal backs me up too. Only things I can recommend are upping the fiber in your diet through whole wheats/fruits and veggies/a fiber supplement, and to do more walking. Both should help everything move along.

Actually now that I think about it, you could also consider switching to a prenatal that doesn't contain iron, since that's one of the major components in getting backed up. I'd consider seeing if your doc can check whether you're anemic at all too to determine whether you can safely forego iron supplements for the time being.

My prenatal actually has a probiotic in it and that helps. I also have to take iron twice a day so that causes problems for me. I am taking 2-3 Colace each day and that seems to keep things moving. I had a lot of issues with it at first.

Taking liquid magnesium (pill form) can help significantly with this! With dd there was one week where I couldn't go #2 for 5 days! It hurt like he'll coming out, but after that things softened up. A probiotic will help regulate you and help you have "healthier" poops

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->