Going back to work and breastfeeding?

Night Flower

Reaction score
I truly want to breastfeed until my little baby girl is 2years old. I believe the health benefits are extremely important.

But I go back to work mid September when my little one is 3 months old. I plan on pumping as many times as I can at work (we have a mothers room, I can store pumped milk) and would like to breastfeed afterwork.

Does this sound possible to do? Will my supply go down? Right now its perfect! I pump twice during the day to obtain 120MLs to freeze daily. So I should have plenty of frozen milk within a month. I just dont want my supply to go. I WANT to breast feed.

I have been pumping every 2-3 hours for almost 4 weeks now and my supply seems to be the same. I breastfeed in the evenings and mornings, too, and I also wake twice at night to pump, but that's more for comfort than anything else since my little guy sleeps through. Just make sure to block the time on your calendar so you don't end up getting pulled into things when you need to pump!

I truly want to breastfeed until my little baby girl is 2years old. I believe the health benefits are extremely important.

But I go back to work mid September when my little one is 3 months old. I plan on pumping as many times as I can at work (we have a mothers room, I can store pumped milk) and would like to breastfeed afterwork.

Does this sound possible to do? Will my supply go down? Right now its perfect! I pump twice during the day to obtain 120MLs to freeze daily. So I should have plenty of frozen milk within a month. I just dont want my supply to go. I WANT to breast feed.

I went back at 12 weeks postpartum, 4 weeks ago. My supply has not seemed to suffer...actually i think has increased because of all the pumping. I pump 3x per day and usually get enough milk for when i'm away. I usually also pump one side in the morning before work, and sometimes pump after lo sleeps for extra. I haven't had to use any of my frozen stash yet, and i've even added to it. It is hard...but i'm hoping to keep it up as long as possible.

My LO is 6 months and I went back to work at 10 weeks pp. everything's going great! That's awesome you all have a mothers room. I have to put signs up and chairs in front of the door to keep from being interrupted.

I went back to work when my baby was 12 weeks. I pump every 2 hours at work. My milk output seems the same as before going back to work. The fact you are already building up a supply of breastmilk is good. You will have a large supply and you are getting used to pumping. I am totally confident you will not have any issues. I was more stressed about the pumping at work, and having enough breasktmilk for him when I am gone, than the daycare my baby was going to (he was only going parttime,and to someone I trust). If I can do it, you will be fine.

Definitely saving this forum for when my lo is 3 months and I go back to work :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->