Going back to work group??

im really not happy. zanes in a expensive nursery and caught a cold from there to be expected he then caught a dand v bug from there and ive lost 2 days worth of nursery money cuz he caught the bug from them they obv dont clean the tys right.

i no all nurserys keep ur money if the child is off sick but this is stupid my babies been so ill cuz of their lack of basic hygien. theres no other nurserys that i like im not looking forward to him going back i dont want him to get ill again :(

I'm supposed to be going back on 3rd Aug - recent decision :(
Not happy at all. I've sat and :cry: on a night when OH is at work.
I guess I've got it easier than some, as OH's DD is a registered childminder, so at least when he does go there, he's with someone I trust 100%.

I guess I've got it easier than some, as OH's DD is a registered childminder, so at least when he does go there, he's with someone I trust 100%.

Still doesn't make it any easier though does it Charliebear :( Sending big :hugs:

you know what ladies, i'm really looking forward to going back now! said that to OH last night and he said he wanted to record it and play it back to me the day after i go back cos i'l be saying i hate it!! i just really want to get out and be "me" for a couple of months! katie's going to be with my mum so i know she's in good hands and i'll only be there til the end of sept so its not too bad!!

I'm supposed to be going back at the end of August. My work are messing me about a bit though to be honest. I worked full time before I went on mat leave but said I wanted to go back for 3 full days. They have known this since before I went on mat leave yet everytime I ring them up they say oh we don't know yet if thats going to be possible or not. grrr doing my head in! Thomas has his place booked at Nursery for 3 days and we had to put a deposit down as well so work better not mess me about now!

Because the nursery is so expensive, even with me working 3 days at work I won't really have very much if any left over out of my wages but thought it would be good for Thomas to mix with other babies etc and for me to have some me time too!

im really not happy. zanes in a expensive nursery and caught a cold from there to be expected he then caught a dand v bug from there and ive lost 2 days worth of nursery money cuz he caught the bug from them they obv dont clean the tys right.

i no all nurserys keep ur money if the child is off sick but this is stupid my babies been so ill cuz of their lack of basic hygien. theres no other nurserys that i like im not looking forward to him going back i dont want him to get ill again :(

Have you had a word with the nursery about it? Sorry to hear about your son being ill :hugs:

Still doesn't make it any easier though does it Charliebear :( Sending big :hugs:

No, it doesnt. :(
Better get used to it though.
Thanks hun :hugs:

im due to go back in august when Ruby will be 5 months and i am dreading it! not really bothered about going back but i have to go full time again and its the childcare that is stressing me out more than anything, i have to give her to MIL to watch her and i really really really really really dont want to!:cry: :cry:

Have you had a word with the nursery about it? Sorry to hear about your son being ill :hugs:

i did have a word with them and they said no one else was ill with the d and v bug while zane had started it went around 2 weeks before so i then said do u clean the toys i just got "ermmmm" i will be having more words on monday

Hi
How's everyone this week? I have had a bit of a rubbish week as there has been lots of work stuff going on (trying to work out my days/hours/RTW date etc) and it has left me feeling pretty :cry:

I know it's still a while away but talking about it makes it seem even more real. Have to arrange a meeting to go into work to discuss things (without Poppy) and it is already stressing me out having to leave her just for a few hours! Sometimes I get annoyed with myself and think I need to just get a grip. But then I feel like feeling sorry for myself instead :blush:

Hope you are all doing ok this week xxx :hugs:

i still havent started my job and livin on one wage is gettin so hard and this is the first month.

im hopin my mum will actually look after zane during the week wen i go back if not nursery fees are guna be higher then my wage haha

I'll defo be going back i work for the ambulance service and i love my job! PLus it will be an extra bit of cash and some time to speak adult talk and not goo goo ga gas lol!!
I will mis little munchkin tho, but going back in January!!! xx

hi *waves*

i just got a part time job today nothing much just a 1 or 2 shifts a week at my local pub :) bit nervous havent worked in a bar for about 3 years :dohh:

will only be 30-60 per week but its more for me to get out hv thinks it will help my pnd :)

mil only works part time so she is going to have luisa in between me going to work at say 4 till oh gets home at half 5 :)

Hi
I hope it helps you FierceAngel.When do you start? xx

Hi Ladies,

I've been back at work 3 weeks now, I work 3 days. I'm lucky that I'm really happy in my job but the main factor for returning to work is money! My main worry was sorting out childcare because to pay for childcare for the 3 days would have eaten into most of my wages and wouldn't have made sense to go back! It's sorted though and I'm happy with it now. It is difficult though, I do miss my daughter and she has become clingy, however it might be that she'd be clingy at this age anyway so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.

All the best to you Mummys who are really dreading going back, especially if you're returning to a job you really don't like or have to go back full time, I feel for you :hugs:

zane only goes nursery 1 day a week as its so expensive and if he went in fulltime it wud be more then my wage lol he loves going nursery he hates it when i pick him up from there.
Hopefully wen i do start my job my mum will keep her promise and have zane the days i work so that will save money, im lookin forward to going back to work just to get out of these four walls its driving me nuts haha

Hi ladies, just wondering how you are all getting on?
I now have a back to work date of 5th October, 2 days a week. Still dreading it but have been getting some additional support from my h/v and am trying to be a bit more positive about it (which isn't easy!)

How's everyone else? xx

Hi All,
This is a great group. I don't officially have to go back til May 2010 and I'm hoping the money will last that long! lol
I'm trying not to think about it but I definitely don't have too much choice as I am the main wage earner so it looks like my OH might be the lucky one who gets to stay home with our LO :cry:
Mind you, it's very early days for us so maybe I'll be glad to get back into the workplace b the time it comes around..or not :wacko:

hi ladies i forgot about this thread :dohh: sorry!!

hope you are all well!?

well the pub thing didnt last at the time luisa was quite small and oh wasnt coping well settling her at night.. they kept giving me evening shifts :(

so ive been a sahm for another 2 months..

but

i have an interview for a part time xmas job at sainsburys on thursday..

and then i got called for interview for a job at my local council! its full time but its doing a job i really love (working in housing) the money is brill too.. that one is the week after...

i said i wouldnt go back fulltime unless i goit a job i really wanted and here it is!

im hoping i get it.. i have the experience and am naea qualified in property management so fingers crossed!

i do have one question for those who have had to use childcare and claim costs back thru tax credits...

how did you do it?! ive found a nursery but waitning list for fulltime is 3 weeks which would be fine.. but they reccomend you settle them 2-3 days a week first which i think will help me more than luisa lol

Hi FierceAngel, sorry to read that the pub job didn't last but great news about the job interviews that you've got lined up! I really hope you get the job at the housing, sounds like you've got the skills and qualifications needed, you come across as keen to get the job on this forum so hopefully if the interviewers pick up on that during the interview, it'll go in your favour! Keep us posted.

I was claiming child tax credits, but they made a mistake resulting in a miscalculation so we don't actually qualify for any tax credits at the moment. So the childcare that we pay (which is just for 1 day a week with a registered childminder) is £30.00 which we can't claim back. We are lucky that Sophia's gradparents look after her 1 day a week and the other 2 days my cousin takes care of her and we pay her £30.00 for the two days. So we are lucky in that the 4 days we need childcare it costs us a total of £60.00. However there have been times when my cousin or in law's couldn't take care of Sophia so we had to pay the childminder, so we were then forking out £90 a week.

To be honest if I was paying for full time childcare, I wouldn't bother working because pretty much all of my earnings would go on childcare.

How are other working Mums coping?

I now work 4 days a week, originally worked 3, wanted to reduce it to just 2 but something cropped up at work meaning I now do 4. Fortunately I love my job but I do find it hard going some weeks, I don't usually get to sit and relax until 9-10pm and by then I'm ready for bed anyway so I pretty much feel like I'm on the go constantly.

Hoping you're all doing well and wishing you all the best with your job interviews FierceAngel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->