Going back to work

annio84

Grace's mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I have a bit of time yet as I'm not back til march but I've been reading the work policy and I have to give loads of notice to give my employer chance to make suitable arrangements for pumping at work. One of the things I have to let them know is what times of day I will need to pump but I have no idea. For one thing I feed on demand so no real pattern to follow. Second LO is currently 4 months but will be nearly 8 months when I go back to work so will be taking some solids hopefully and I have no idea how that will affect her milk intake.

Does anyone have any advice for me? My shifts are 12 1/2 hours and so I'd likely be away from her for at least 14 with travelling time.

Even if your LO feeds on demand you can make a set schedule once you start pumping. My LO feeds randomly too; it just depends on the day. But once I go back to work I plan on pumping every two hours for 10 -15 mins. Once you get to work you'll probably have to adjust your pumping schedule and I'm sure they'll be fine with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->