Going backwards

hollyw79

Reaction score
I need some opinions on this.

cd14- and my OPK is still faint I was on cd14 when I got the positive last month- and on cd13 it was close to positive.. this morning- it's like sooooooo faint. Honestly- this is how it looks AFTER I ovulate normally so I am CLUELESS. I HIGHLY doubt I ovulated yet- I have been holding my pee for a solid 4 hours at least and testing 3 times a day for the past few days and nothing! Monday morning it actually looked like it was starting to get darker- so I REALLY thought it would be a sure thing to get a positive by today or tomorrow.. but I don't see that happening. No where NEAR the same amount of EWCM as last month either... last month it was like there around cd10-11 and then this month around the same time I felt like I had some and then it just went away! WHAT THE HECK???????????????

I feel like I was getting there and now all of a sudden it all has gone away- the EWCM- the opk's...

A couple of possibilities- my body HAS been under A LOT of physical and emotional stress with the pancreatitis after being in the hospital 2 weeks ago- maybe that is messing things up- not to mention all the medication I was on. OR- it could be because of the Femara (fertility med). Fertility medication can make you ovulate early or late. I have no clue what's going on and it SUCKS. I've always gotten a + on cd14 or cd15 and it doesn't look even CLOSE to being positive yet. (((SIGH)))

I wish my body would be right as rain as it was last month. You would think the more time passes from the mc, that things would be more regulated and normal... so first 2 months YES normal- but now not. I know the OPK can turn + at any time without getting progressively darker- so I am holding onto that hope!

My question is- has this happened before to you.. like it seemed like you were getting close and then BOOM- it seemed to go the opposite direction? Did you end up ovulating at all?? I'm wondering if this is going to turn into an anovulatory cycle.

I'm very frustrated as I 'm supposed to have an IUI and it's all based off of when I get a positive OPK. :(

I can't offer any advice on this but I wanted to send u a big fat cyber hug...HUG!

This whole process is so frustrating!!
Xxx

Sending big hugs :hugs: I know what it's like to feel frustrated :cry: My first AF lasted nearly 3 weeks and absolutely no sign of ovulating. Everything is all over the place :dohh:

I can't offer any either... sorry no real experience with OPKs. Did you call the doctor? Maybe they can offer help? :hugs:

Hi hun!!

This cycle my OPKs have been all over the place, thought i ovulated on CD7 as the OPK was so strong then strong negative 3 hours later. Got a clear positive on Sunday but as you know other tests were all over the place. I wonder whether our hormones are all over the place after MC for a long while causing the 'almost surges'.

I didnt OV last cycle...thought i was nearly there but then OPKs went negative and no temperature rise to confirm anything!!

Youre only CD14 so you could still get a positive in the next few days...the emotional and physical stress of the last few weeks couldve just knocked your cycle off by a few days!!

I hope you get some answers soon (and a positive OPK)

x x

Holly sorry to hear things are a little confusing. I would bet though that one of the reasons your ov might be delayed is due to all the stress you have been under lately. that can very easily dealy ovulation but should not make you miss it altogether. Your body could have started gearing up and then stopped again and you could get a surge again once it starts to build again. That is definitely a possibility.

Really hope you get your pos opk very soon

I agree with Lyo...It is probably the stress. I ovulated 2-3 days late last cycle and I'm sure it is because of the bleeding from mc and I was unwell too.
Your body has been through the wringer the last few weeks so I think it's likely it'll have had an impact. I think it's pretty common for ovulation to be delayed by illness - even just a cold - so try not to worry too much... I'm sure you'll get a + by the weekend.

Fx'd for you!! :hugs:

thanks ladies :hugs: .... you're all probably right that it's just delayed a few days. ((SIGH)) I haven't called my doc or anything- but I do go in tomorrow morning for a followup U/S.. the doc said he thought I'd get a positive by today or tomorrow based off of how things were looking on Monday.. so it just surprises me that I haven't - and not even EWCM.

It is just frustrating bc I had to wait for fertility assistance after the mc and now the month that I finally AM getting assistance~ things are out of whack!!

So no IUI tomorrow :cry:

How frustrating, I'm sorry Holly. I agree that you may have just be ovulating a bit later this month due to stress, illness, etc. Have you thought about using a digital OPK? I use the Clear Blue Easy digital just show an empty circle (no LH surge) or a smilely face (LH surge). Very easy to read - might take some of the guesswork out of the process!

How frustrating, I'm sorry Holly. I agree that you may have just be ovulating a bit later this month due to stress, illness, etc. Have you thought about using a digital OPK? I use the Clear Blue Easy digital just show an empty circle (no LH surge) or a smilely face (LH surge). Very easy to read - might take some of the guesswork out of the process!

thank you my dear :flower: how have you been??

I am using both the CB digitals and cheapies @ the same time .. it's VERY important I don't miss it since I'm doing the IUI so I am like super on top of it.. like flies on white rice or however they say that! :haha:

I'm so sorry Love. :( This happened to me last month. It was my first month using opks and i thought i got a positive (even though it wasn't dark at all) but darker than the rest then i got my positive a week later exactly, and i conceived. I guess all you can do is keep testing. I am sure you will ovulate, just later than usual. Keep your head up. I have long cycles and i know the wait can feel like FOREVER. It makes the tww seem like nothing. Will your doc schedule it as soon as you get your positive???

Wow, well that's good news to hear that you still conceived!!!!! I know I have to just keep on testing! ((SIGH))

The minute I get a + OPK~ I go in for the IUI the next morning... I'M IMPATIENT! :haha:

You still have hope!!!! At least he will see you the next day. :) I was hoping you wouldnt say since it was scheduled and didnt happen he was going to say " come in next month" :) :happydance: C'MON :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->