going from BF+FF to BF, need help

aquaflora2

Reaction score
Hello moms,

I've been BF and FF my DD (she's 1 month now) since 4 days after birth b/c I just can't seem to be able to produce enough milk for her. Lately, she's ran into problems with irregular bowl movement and doc suspected its the increase FF intake in the past two weeks. She hasn't be able to poop the last few times unless we use glycerin suppository on her. I was told to go 100% BF starting today b/c the iron in the formula or the formula itself slows things down. I know right now I don't have enough milk for her (strangely last week i had more milk maybe b/c i was less stress, her problem with bowl movement gave me alot of stress), I'm just wondering if other moms have experience this and can suggest any transition food for my DD? I want to avoid formula completely but she's so hungry and I don't want to starve her. I tried to water down the formula quite a bit and just give her a little bit of that for transition... any suggestions pls??? i hope i can produce enough soon....... my heart breaks when i see her hungre..

Keep offering her breast every time she is hungry then express straight after and you should find your supply increases sufficiently, it may take a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->