Going home stories

lil-star

Reaction score
I need to focus on the positive, having a bad day :(
What weight was your baby going home?
What feeds were they on?
Did you cry leaving ICU? (A mother left today and I don't know if I was crying for her or me)
Did you make any friends in ICU?

Hey,

Harry was 4lb 12oz when he left the hospital, a week before his due date. He was on 4 hourly feeds of 57mls (fatty is on 200mls now) and i cried when we left, happy tears and scared tears, I made a lot of friends in the time harry was in hospital (102) and i speak daily to them, they know just what your going through.

When they all left i cried because me and harry were still there.

It will happen before you know it and you will be home with bubba xx

hi hun, DS was about 5lbs 6 I think, something like that, and on 45mls every 3 hours. I didn't cry, I just wanted to get the hell out of there before they changed their mind, lol. I got to know people in there, but we never kept in touch, which is a shame.

Gaby was just under 4lb when we left.

She was on 50mls every 4 hours.

I cried. But not for long, excitment took over.

Made a couple of good friends who I still keep in touch with.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks ladies :)
Eli is 4lb 7 now and taking 60ml feeds every 4 hours. I think they are cautious of letting him out because he is so small (Born at 30 weeks with IUGR)but he's brilliant, just wish they would start making a move on trying to get him home

My LO was 6 pounds 9 ounces we left on 3 hour feeds 60 ml we spent 108 days in the hospital I made a lot of friends in the hospital and I did not cry when we left

Sophie came home 6 days before her due date, after 12 weeks and one day in neonatal. She weighed 5lb 6oz.

I felt so emotional leaving neonatal after all those weeks! We'd spent so much time in there - it had been our lives, and the place that had looked after Sophie so well. I felt quite emotional saying goodbye to our favourite nurses. I remember a little group of them sitting in high dependency when I went back in to hand our carpark pass in, and DH had already taken Sophie out to the car - they were upset that Sophie had gone which I thought was really sweet!

It was massively emotional finally being the mummy and daddy leaving with the baby in the carseat after watching everyone else doing that for months (we used the same hospital entrance as the maternity bit).

Sophie was breastfed when she first came home but the nurses had to give her a bottle when I wasn't there and she was on 60ml when she had a bottle. She was feeding every 4 hours.

We did make a few friends including people from here :)

I need to focus on the positive, having a bad day :(
What weight was your baby going home?
What feeds were they on?
Did you cry leaving ICU? (A mother left today and I don't know if I was crying for her or me)
Did you make any friends in ICU?

Alex was heavy, but she was heavy to begin with. Over 7lb
60mls every 3 hours
I cried because i had gotten so used to being up neonatal everydayand iknew i didnt need to do it anymore, it shocked me.
I made a few friends in ICU, still friends to this day.

What weight was your baby going home? 4lb 15oz :)
What feeds were they on? He was having 69ml every 4 hours at the point of leaving
Did you cry leaving ICU? I was a bit numb I suppose. Absolutely over the moon but it was all like.. wow.
Did you make any friends in ICU? I have 2 nurses and 2 other parents on my FB. I meet up with Leo's ICU buddy and his mum for coffee every week :)

Ella was 9wks old when we left NICU, she weighed just under 5lbs and was demand fed but generally took between 60 and 70mls every 3hrs. Couldnt wait to leave NICU so there deffo wasnt any tears. Only really befriended 1 family as their baby had same condition as Ella, other than that not many parents seemed to stay on the unit which was pretty sad so i made friends more with the staff, we're going to a christmas party there next month so it'll be nice to see them again :)

I can't remember what weight Andrew was! I guess I could look in my thread .... I do remember that he lost weight in that last 24hr period and they almost didn't let him go - I swear they only permitted it because the film crew was with us!!

He was taking about 60ml every 4 hours by then.

I didn't cry, I was happy to be taking him home.

Did I make friends? Kinda! I met Sherrie whose baby Millie was also prem, she's got a thread on here. And I also met a lovely lady called Annie who was having similar problems as me with trying to get her baby to BF. But I haven't met up with either of them since, they're just online friends :flower:

Holly was 5lb when she came home. She was breastfed so no idea how much she was on. I didn't cry because I couldn't believe she was finally coming home. I met a few people in the first hospital who we keep in touch with through email as they live hundreds of miles away!

James was 3 lb 7oz when he came home 10 days before his due date. I didn't cry - I was just desperate to get him home as his twin sister had already been at home for 2 1/2 weeks (she came home weighing 4lb 7oz at 36 weeks gestation).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->