going off purees

louise1302

mum to FIVE boys :)
Reaction score
archie has been weaned for a fair few weeks...well about 6 and at first he loved purees

the thing is though he has 7 teeth and likes to chew i tried him with stage 2 type food(homemade but mashed instead of pureed) and he likes it but he prefers me to break up 'real' food for example sliced carrot chunks of swede and squash and just put them into his mouth to chew them and he likes holding stuff to munch on like toast and baby rice cakes

surely at just over 5 months hes too young for this or should i just go with the flow and let him eat how he wants to

what i do atm is have a bowl of puree to sneak in him when hes not concentrating lol and a bowl of chopped fruit and veg to pop in as he wants it

should i just go for blw?

aiden doesnt like jar crap (have never given him it apart from once when i was out & about and forgot his food!)

He prefers "real" food and will eat whatever i & OH have! like tonight.... he had mummys lasange :)

Maybe try moving him over too "real" food?? plus if he has 7 teeth i am sure he will manage just fine! aiden only has the bottom 2 and they are not even fully threw yet xx

i only ever give him homemade puree i meant stage 2 type consistency lol sorry i didnt word it very well
i have given the odd jar of hipp organic when ive forgotten to take food out of the freezer

i think i might just move him to chunky food as with all he teeth hes never choked on a pece i make sure they are pretty small

Dont be put off if he does gag and choke a little, when my hv told me too move aiden up too finger foods and lumpy foods she told me that will happen until they get used too it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->