going on year 4, of NTNP

cady

Reaction score
So this June will be 4 years with my Fiance. From day one we haven't used any protection. We had a pregnancy "scare" the first year of our relationship and when AF eventually came we were both crushed. We actually TTC for about 6 months after that with no luck. We had to stop TTC due to me starting nursing school. Since then we have pretty much been NTNP, although he does pull out every once in awhile, definately not every time though. I just think its odd that after 4 years I haven't fallen pregnant. My gyno said she doesn't see anything wrong down there, and since I am young (22) she doesn't want to run any tests until we have been actively trying for a year plus. My fiance has 2 "accidental" children from 2 previous relationships, so I have a hard time believing he is the "problem"

We are going to start TTC again next month. Any suggestions?

It just sucks, everyone around me seems to get pregnant right away, trying or not....

Didn't want to read and run :hugs:

I'm sure your time will come! Where abouts are you? I know in the UK if you told a GP you'd been trying for 4 years with no luck you could convince them to at least do a couple of simple blood tests to put your mind at ease. :thumbup:

Good luck!
x

Although it didn't take that long me and my OH were TTC for about 15 months before anything happened. I would just tell your GP to do some tests anyways.

I was in a similar situation, except NTNP for 2yrs so when DH and I decided to try, I first went to my doc and had her run the necessary tests on me and DH had a sperm analysis. Good thing I did because it turned out that my blood work showed my hormone levels were too low for me to ovulate so she put me on Clomid, I conceived DS the 1st month I ovulated (3rd month of taking it)...so it's worth getting checked out :thumbup:

GL hun :hugs:

i had that problem too, i was NTNP for about 7 years before i went to the GP, they preformed tests on me to see what the problem was and discovered it was down to endometriosis so i had a operation to help. then me and my then partner split up 4 weeks after the op, but when i met my current partner we were also NTNP from day one and i was pregnant 5 months later :) and im only turning 25 this year so i was about your age when i 1st went to see the GP and they sent me straight for tests, hospital appointments are months apart so it can take almost a year to get all the tests done, so the sooner you get started the better x

So this June will be 4 years with my Fiance. From day one we haven't used any protection. We had a pregnancy "scare" the first year of our relationship and when AF eventually came we were both crushed. We actually TTC for about 6 months after that with no luck. We had to stop TTC due to me starting nursing school. Since then we have pretty much been NTNP, although he does pull out every once in awhile, definately not every time though. I just think its odd that after 4 years I haven't fallen pregnant. My gyno said she doesn't see anything wrong down there, and since I am young (22) she doesn't want to run any tests until we have been actively trying for a year plus. My fiance has 2 "accidental" children from 2 previous relationships, so I have a hard time believing he is the "problem"

We are going to start TTC again next month. Any suggestions?

It just sucks, everyone around me seems to get pregnant right away, trying or not....

I'm the same! I'm 22 in April, been Ntnp for 4 months, but nothing. I haven't been to the gyno about it yet, so I'm nervous. :dohh:

I was in a similar situation, except NTNP for 2yrs so when DH and I decided to try, I first went to my doc and had her run the necessary tests on me and DH had a sperm analysis. Good thing I did because it turned out that my blood work showed my hormone levels were too low for me to ovulate so she put me on Clomid, I conceived DS the 1st month I ovulated (3rd month of taking it)...so it's worth getting checked out :thumbup:

Maybe that's my problem, I can go 5 months without AF...

Maybe that's my problem, I can go 5 months without AF

Yes hun, that's JUST how I was, months without AF, sometimes it would randomly show up, so I knew something with my body was off. It didn't matter to me much when we were just NTNP, but when I was really ready to TTC and tired of wondering why it wasn't happening, that's when I went to my doctor, I felt SO much better when I finally had answers as to why I didn't get AF and without my doc I wouldn't have been able to conceive my DS, so I'm very thankful and urge all women to get a fertility check-up if they have even the slightest concern, it will set your mind at ease :hugs:

Maybe that's my problem, I can go 5 months without AF...

I went 3 months without AF and told my GP about it and that we were trying and they ran bloods just to check all hormone levels....came back normal but put my mind at ease

x

Hi everyone. It's always good to seek medical advice. Without our doctor's expertise, we'd be lost, right? I recently learned I was pregnant, but we've been ntnp for the past 10yrs after I lost all hope for a 3rd child. So after my 2 DS graduated I began to take care of myself more. So this year I discovered the beauty of body massage, as older women tend to (haha) and had them every week! Then just this Feb I was waiting for AF, and told my therapist to massage my tummy coz I felt cramps but still no AF (I was already having discomfort and the PMS was bad) but after 2 wks of massage, still no AF, so I bought a home test kit and BAM! Surprise! Anyways, I was thinking that maybe those massages 'helped' in my conception. It was a BIG surprise to OH and me bec we we've stopped trying since 2000. In 2003 when I found out I had myomas and poly cystic ovaries, we never used any contraceptives coz no matter how much we tried prior, I never got pregnant after my 2nd son. Anyhow, it won't hurt to give yourself a massage every now and then to relax those muscles and see if it helps. =) PS I'm going for a 2nd u/s this wk to check if I'm really2 PG, might be blighted or something. (age-related I guess) God speed ladies!

We where ntnp for 8 years with nothing (activly trying with charting and temping for a year)
Best thing I can say if you want to get tests done is lie, tell them your activly trying and have been doing so for some time its the only way we finely managed to get test done.
Amazingly I got my bfp after all that the day before starting my fertility tests :)

Maybe that's my problem, I can go 5 months without AF

Yes hun, that's JUST how I was, months without AF, sometimes it would randomly show up, so I knew something with my body was off. It didn't matter to me much when we were just NTNP, but when I was really ready to TTC and tired of wondering why it wasn't happening, that's when I went to my doctor, I felt SO much better when I finally had answers as to why I didn't get AF and without my doc I wouldn't have been able to conceive my DS, so I'm very thankful and urge all women to get a fertility check-up if they have even the slightest concern, it will set your mind at ease :hugs:

As soon as we get health insurance...:dohh:

Yikes, be careful with that. I've heard of several insurance companies who consider pregnancy to be a 'pre-existing condition' and won't insure mom or baby if it's not completely obvious that mom was insured well before baby was conceived!

I am in a similar position. NTNP for a year before I saw my GP I was told to keep at it and I was given prescription to folic acid and a blood test. I took the Folic for two months but I gave up in the end. After a year or so (I can't even remember for how long now..) Still :bfn:

I am in a similar position. NTNP for a year before I saw my GP I was told to keep at it and I was given prescription to folic acid and a blood test. I took the Folic for two months but I gave up in the end. After a year or so (I can't even remember for how long now..) Still :bfn:

You should go back! Ask for some bloods to be done you never know!!!

Yikes, be careful with that. I've heard of several insurance companies who consider pregnancy to be a 'pre-existing condition' and won't insure mom or baby if it's not completely obvious that mom was insured well before baby was conceived!

Well we've been NTNP for like 6 months in April, so I meant insurance for blood work...but still..."pre-existing condition"? Seems kind of crooked. :dohh:

Well we've been NTNP for like 6 months in April, so I meant insurance for blood work...but still..."pre-existing condition"? Seems kind of crooked. :dohh:

Yea, I agree! I've read too many stories online about it...even where the woman has charted everything for months, knows exactly what day she ovulated (say CD18) and conceived, is backed by her doctors, and the insurance company still says the baby was conceived prior to coverage because ovulation "always" occurs on CD14 and coverage didn't start until CD16. Stupid stuff like that....

Yea, I agree! I've read too many stories online about it...even where the woman has charted everything for months, knows exactly what day she ovulated (say CD18) and conceived, is backed by her doctors, and the insurance company still says the baby was conceived prior to coverage because ovulation "always" occurs on CD14 and coverage didn't start until CD16. Stupid stuff like that....

Crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->