going out and feeding homemade purees

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
how on earth do i get the purees out with me? like if im going to town and i have her cubes in the freezer? wot do i do? let it defrost then just take it with me? or put it in cooler bag? i dont have a clue lol and we are going out tonight to celebrate leylas 6 month birthday in pizza hut...classy i know haha...but she will need her turnip puree while we out

help?

x

I have little tommee tippee pots with lids and i used to put the food in them and take it out with me. They sell food flasks aswell but i didn't discover them until it was a bit late really, they sell the fisher price ones in boots for about £10.

it depended where i was going and weather. If i wasn't out too long i'd defrost it. The problem when going out is warming food up. Some places are really funny and will and will only give hot water. I've not been pizza hut so couldn't say. It's cute your going out for a half birthday hope u have fun! :hugs:

I just put the cubes I want in a plastic container and then let it defrost as I am out and about and by the time I want to feed him it is usually defrosted. If not I find the closest place that would give me some hot water and I polace the container in the hot water and let it work its magic. :)

Just ask Pizza hut for a cup of hot water (if its in a sealed container, it will defrost and heat at same time (but I'd defrost before I left personally). Thats what I do but I use a flask and a cup.

Pizza Hut may not heat it for you....just be aware of that. I had 2 restaurants (different ones) that wouln't heat my babyfood up for me and baby was screaming for food at the time. Both times we walked out even though food was being cooked for us, I was so damn angry:growlmad:

I started taking pots and jars of ready made stuff that I knew I could give at room temp or taking a banana and a bowl...then just mash it up. Babies don't tend to mind eating slighly lumpy banana mash:thumbup:

Sometimes I have heated up the food in a pot then wrapped it in foil (shiny side in) and then it tends to keep pretty warm until it's time for Poppy to eat it

I use the Tommee Tippee pots aswell -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Food-Pots-Pink/dp/B000HWLOYM... I get them out early and put them in the pots and let them defrost in there before we go out.

To warm them up I use this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rainforest...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1248816454&sr=1-1

That flask actually comes with a little pot which you can use to put the food in...

TBH, I find it easier to use jars when I'm out, and then I use the flask to warm them.

I would put in a pot to defrost and heat up once LO is ready to eat, although I haven't weaned yet.

I would invest in a flask like the fisher price one - I have the new Tommee Tippee one and it's fab. They're both about a tenner! At least you don't need to rely on restaurants to heat (just in case they won't do it, as has been said) xxx

I let them defrost during the morning in a little pot and by the time its dinner/tea time its ready to eat :) I find most restuarants will warm them up for you!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->