Going out and leaving bubs

A

AppleBlossom

I have a work friend who is leaving to go back to work on a cruise ship and so he and a bunch of my other friends are going out to town before he goes. Me and my OH have been invited and I would like to go as I haven't seen much of my work friends for ages since I left and I have an abundance of babysitters who would be more than willing to look after Grace for a while. I don't know whether I should go though as she won't even be 3 weeks old and I'll feel bad for leaving her and probably miss her a lot (She stayed with my OH's mum for an hour while I nipped to town and almost cried when I left!)

Do you guys think I'd be being selfish for going?

Course not , i left when Ella was 4 weeks and it done me a world of good.
Sometimes its nice to be just you for abit and then go back to being mummy when you get home with LO!
After all you need some social time aswell! It will be great fun :)

nargh

I left Oscar on his 2 week birthday to go watch the rugby wales-wales-wales!!! uh hum! sorry!

I didnt really watch the game though :lol:

We went out when Seth was about a week and a half for our anniversary and left him with my parents,. The first hour was difficult but after that it was fine. I figured Im 21, I still have my life too and Id drive myself crazy being cooped up in the house all day without adult company so why not?

Enjoy yourself :)

xxx

Go! She'll be fine and try not to worry too much. I'm off out tonight for a drink for my friends birthday. I'm nervous but looking forward to my first drink in about 10 months!

xxx

I was meant to go out last night for a meal with a friend last night and leave skye with my mum, but I was really panicking! She uses my boobs for comfort so much, and I was worried about her not taking a bottle, my friend saw I was freaking out about leaving her and suggested a takeaway...which I jumped at lol! But hopefully, when she is a bit older and doesnt need fed quite as much..then Ill be ok to go out...enjoy your night out anyway, I dont think you are selfish at all for going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->