Going to a club at 18 weeks?

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
Been thinking about going to small Goth club on the 20th. It's a quiet, not crowded establishment with nice people around and generally an older crowd, my husband will come along, so I'd feel quite safe going.
The music isn't very loud, there are quiet rooms and it is non smoking, baby's hearing isn't fully developed. I never went to a club pregnant but I think it should be okay.
I think now would be the best time because I feel light as a feather and no aches atm. I won't be able to go for a while after I love going to metal or goth events. :)

Has anyone went during the second trimester?

I wouldn't worry about it. I'd just wear comfortable shoes and try to have a good time.

I haven't gone to a club during my second trimester, but I have gone to loud non-smoking bars (just because I can't drink right now doesn't mean that everyone else can't), and to a concert. I just went to the doctor on Wednesday, and the baby looked great.

Totally fine! I went both pregnancies for my friends 30th bdays and all was fine. First time I went at 20 weeks, second time at 16 xx

This past Halloween OH and I went to see Beats Antique.... Probably much louder show than your goth club. We were front row, too, and I definitely felt the bass in my chest. The baby hasn't changed fetal movement patterns or anything so I would think that it's ok.

Have fun if you do decide to go!

I'm going on my best friends hen do next weekend at 26 weeks. We're going to the adonis cabaret show and then to a club. I'm just going to wear flats! And we'll be dressed as geeks! Luckily my friend is pregnant too so it won't just be me! I think you should go and enjoy :thumbup:

My friend went to the Taylor Swift concert last month around 33 weeks with the okay from her OB. Ask your MW or OB and you'll know for sure

Thanks for your input everyone!! We will go this Friday and I am thrilled! I don't get to go often because my friends don't enjoy the same music as me ;)
I have flat black boots that I will wear. I do okay in heels when just walking but for dancing flats are definitely the better choice.

I actually played in a live band (at a goth club, too!) when I was 7 months pregnant! I was nervous about it as I'm generally nervy, but my Dr. told me there was no problem. Staying away from the obvious stuff ie smoking and not standing directly next to loud speakers was all the caution I really took and my baby is very healthy!

I thought about the fact that when I record with my band the room is very, very loud esp the drums, but the headphones I wear to hear my own instrument make the band sound like it's very far away and not loud at all. The cushion in our bellies is waaaaay more of a barrier than any headphones could every be, so I doubt baby can hear much but a distant sound, even if it's loud :)

have a good time!

Discohospital

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! :) I imagine this to look fun on stage for watchers to see a pregnant woman playing :D

So we went and I did fairly well. I noticed I get out of breath faster when dancing and my stomach muscles feel sore after a bit so I took a break. My moves are also a bit more clumsy :haha: I had lemonade instead of beer and after the club we went to get Mc Donalds, since it is the only place open at 3 AM.
The ONLY downside was my husband being a wuss. He drank too much likes always and was tired so he complained like a baby about walking back and forth from Mc Donalds to the Bus stop and back aches! I'm pregnant and he cries about back aches :shrug:. Luckily he sobered up in the night bus so the 1 hr walk from the bus stop into the village was bearable without him whining. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->