Going to a concert when pregnant

disneydarling

Mama to a baby girl
Reaction score
So one of my best friends has invited me to a concert in march, and needs to know sooner rather than later if I can go with her.

It's in march and I will be 31 weeks pregnant at the time. My family are saying I should go as it will be fun and stuff. It's sitting too so at least it's not standing.

I'm just worrying about any risks of it being really hot/loud etc in there I don't know what to do. Has anybody been to a concert pregnant that can give me some advice?

I was at a concert lat night and it was fine. You might find it tiring to stand for a long time and make sure you drink enough. I dont see how the noise would be an issue. Have fun :) xx

Im going to see The Script in March so I asked my midwife about the loud music. She just said it would be fine, baby might just be very active.

I went to see Robbie Williams at 29 wks and was absolutely fine. Baby had a good dance around, I had seated tickets but we did stand for most of it.

I would say go and enjoy yourself, it may be the last opportunity you get for a while x

My husband performs with a band, so I've been around loud music a few times. Baby is usually very active, but ends up falling asleep later on anyway (she's also used to hearing my husband practice his drumming, even though it's in a separate room so not very loud)! Doctor said it's not a problem.

:flower:

I went to see The Killers at 31 weeks, and I was also sitting, and it was such a good night! I had to sit down a few times as my feet was hurting from standing up for too long. But you'll be fine, the loud music will be fine too, my LO was wriggling with some songs and then quiet for a few others :haha:

I went to three concerts throughout my pregnancy and was fine, just keep hydrated if its hot in there. One concert was the first time I felt baby move too :) have fun! Xx

I'd go :) If it's sitting I should think you'll be fine.

I went to a standing Nightwish concert when I was about 6-8 weeks pregnant with DD (can't remember exactly how far along I was)

I also went to a seated Alice Cooper concert this pregnancy, but I didn't know I was pregnant. It was 3 days before I got my BFP (though I must have been about 5 weeks or so).

I also went to a nightclub when I was about 20+ weeks pregnant with DD, and to a nightclub 5 days after my BFP this time round.

Granted those are early on, but I wouldn't have any quibbles with going to a concert at any point during a pregnancy as long as it was seated :)

Have fun x

I was at my husbands gigs right up to the weekend before the birth. With 1st daughter I wanted to go to Avril Lavigne's concert 4days before my section but hubby won and we went to watch boxing instead - then I started to spot and had her that night!

Whilst your baby can hear, loud noises will still sound muffled due to your abdomen and amniotic sac dulling it out. I'd maybe steer clear of stage divers or the mosh pit though!

I went to see Nickelback and Bush in concert before I realized I was pregnant. Gavin Rossdale was all sweaty and hyper and I found myself sooooo attracted to him, even though he is so not my type! Come to find out, I was going through the biggest hormonal changes of my life at that point, which explains why I was so turned on... :blush: Thank goodness we were flat broke and couldn't afford the beer we wanted, lol!

I know that doesn't answer your question. ;) I was told by my midwife that it is totally fine to go to a concert, just don't mosh. She's such a funny lady. I don't know where you're located, but I'd be very careful about smoking. A lot of people were smoking pot at the concert I went to, and I didn't care atm because I didn't know I was pregnant. Now, I wish I'd avoided them. I don't smoke pot and never have, but I do kinda like the smell, so it didn't bother me. Now it does.

I went to a Carrie Underwood concert at around 7 monthish. Baby moved around a LOT. But we were fine. Had great seats, and I sat most of the show.

Go! :)

Seating / Standing whatever - you'll be fine. Have a great time! :)

I went to a rock concert when i was about the same as you with my last pregnancy, there was no air conditioning and was so hot! But i had a great time! Go and enjoy :)

I own a music promotor business, and have a couple of shows that we are putting on in the next few months, one of which is Space who I have been a fan of for years which I told my OH I'm going to be at no matter what he says lol! He doesn't want me around loud stuff when I'm fit to drop though in case of all the excitment, but I'm putting my foot down with the bands I love!

We both love music anyway, and what better way to get baby used to a musical household!

I'm going to a Lady Gaga concert this week at 24 weeks. My doctor said it's fine and it can't hurt the baby's ears. We bought tickets in a spot where I can sit the whole time and still see everything. I'll be sitting right on the isle and it's also good because I can escape to the restroom without interfering with anyone.

In November I went to a Rush concert and it was great, even though I had to miss a few songs to use the restroom and was sitting mid-row. We bought those tickets long before I was pregnant. At 6 weeks we went to a Snoop Dogg concert, but that was a big mistake because there was too much smoke around. We ended up leaving after 2 songs.

Yep, my partner is in 3 bands and I attend them regularly. The only thing I struggle with is staying up late. I'd recommend you rest during the day that way you can fully enjoy yourself. Oh and have a bottle of water with you too.

I went to my friends' concert at 21 weeks figuring they were in the area and im not traveling to see 'em play any time soon. Dr gave the ok and I had a blast.

Some of the louder songs made him rock out a little bit, but that was it. I just made sure I wasnt right near the speakers and (for me at least) would not recommend a standing concert as I had to bother the audio tech for the edge of his bench to sit a few times due to tired achy legs and feet. (luckily i showed early so i got pregnancy sympathy. haha)
I also felt super goofy when I would forget about the whole changing body thing and start to (try to) dance to a song and realize my body doesnt move like it used to :lol:

Keep hydrated, layer so you can take off some clothes when you get hot (I wore a sleeveless sundress and a light weight sweater and ended up being comfortable for the most part) and stay away from being directly in front of the speakers and baby'll be fine and youll have a blast. You deserve a moms night out

I went to loads of gigs when I was pregnant with my son 7 years ago. Bands like Iron Maiden, Velvet Revolver and Metallica :) I also went to see my OH's friends' band play almost every week right up until I gave birth. They are a rock band and were very loud! Just keep hydrated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->