Going to a concert when pregnant

I took my first bump to 2 concerts... One at 12 weeks, and the music vibrated my belly the whole time... And on later on, at 28 or 29 weeks. Anyway, it was fun!!!!!!! My doctor said it's fine to go all the way through, and it was a great time! :)

I haven't read what other ladies have said, but I think it depends mostly on YOU and your personality. I doubt you'll be feeling much different in March than you are now. At 31 weeks, even sitting, I would have just been uncomfortable, hot, and annoyed at the loud noise. :)

Also, you might want to make sure that the venue is free of smoke. DH went to a concert when I was somewhere late 2nd tri/early 3rd tri and I almost went but decided not to at the last minute. He came back saying it's a good thing I didn't because there were a lot of people smoking and heavy drinking going on (which led to other shenanigans).

I went to a concert when i was 6 weeks pregnant with my daughter and although i loved every second of it, i was constantly dizzy and nausous especially with getting bashed around and all the body heat and i was sweating buckets xx

Yeh if you can sit down I reckon you'll be fine xx

I went to 'we will rock you' last week and baby was neither up nor down about it all. When my first daughter was 3 weeks old we were at a wedding and her pram was near to a speaker. The DJ was told to let us know when music was starting but didn't and started playing the first dance without telling us! I thought she would howl or hurt her ears but when we rushed over to move the pram - she was fast asleep! She sleep from 7-1030 in her pram at the back of the hall, right through disco!
My point is, if you are worried about the noise affecting the baby - don't. She/he is well protected in there.

I just found out tickets go on sale today for a concert me and DH were interested in, I'll be around 21 weeks by then and really not sure if it's a good idea or not. I have a couple of concerts in the next couple of weeks which I'm not bothered about as I have no bump yet, but worried that by 21 weeks I could have a bump that could make things awkward or more difficult. I'm sure it'll be fine if we can sit down, but I'm just thinking of things like getting in and out when it gets quite crowded, and having to let people past to get to their seat when I feel huge!

I went to a concert pretty much each month I was pregnant, but my last one was Red Hot Chilli Peppers at 27.5 weeks in late Nov. We had seats at the back of the stadium, so we were far away from the speakers (and unfortunately the band). If I had my time back I would have walked around the concourse to stretch my legs and get a closer look at the band. Once you get to your 3rd trimester you can't walk as fast so we made sure to hang around the exit for the encore so we could beat the crowds at the end of the show (I was also afraid of some stoner/drunk banging into my belly too). Some venues will let you bring in your own water, some won't. You will get parched, even if you're just sitting there!

I LOVE going to concerts, but had to cut back in month 8 & 9 as I was just too tired. And there are so many good shows coming to my town in the 6 weeks after LO is born, I'll probably be too sleep deprived to go to any though :cry:

I just went to a Devon Townsend Project concert (metal) last week at 35 weeks and it was great! Non-smoking venue helped, though.

Totally fine...I saw a bunch of concerts till about 35w...I saw Franz Ferdinand about 35w and baby was bopping around like crazy...I found it tiring and I had to sit on the floor a couple of times to rest but it was ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->