Going to do it this time...

Drazic<3

You got the love <3
Reaction score
Right, i didnt want to take over the other thread, so i thought i would start another.

I have had problems on and off with eating disorders for years. Recently, i have got overweight. Im not gigantic, but i am carrying far too many unnecessary pounds.

I have been stressing about this alot, because i want to do the very best for my baby when i TTC. Everytime in the past when i have tried to diet i have ended up ill quite quickly. Getting overweight has been a sort of protection from being ill, but i realise now its just a different sort of ill.

My OH likes me a little chubby, but i need to lose this weight, for the sake of my future kids.

So.. tomorrow i will be starting my diet. Trying to lose a few stone before i start TTC. Im going to start off cutting down and not buy another scale for a few weeks, just go by how i feel. Then after christmas (which i know will be hard) i want to really go for it and get a bit thinner for ttc.

Sorry, this is far too long and boring. I just needed to get it all out.
Thank you for reading :) :hug:

As someone who has also struggled with eating disorders and is currently overweight as well, I feel for you. It is so hard because viewpoints about yourself will always be screwed up. The only time I ever had success losing weight when not doing it the wrong ways was when I put my self on a weight trainers diet and exercise plan. I NEVER weighed myself, even during pregnancy, got on the scale backwards and told them not to tell me unless it became a problem (it didn't) which helped immensely. I did the treadmill and weights and walked and just tried to eat healthy but didn't torture myself for that piece of cake, because that sent me in a spiral. I know everyone is different, but I have been there, and believe me, it is ALWAYS on my mind. I wish you the best of luck. :D

Good for you Drazic, that's great you want to increase your chances and do the best for your future babes. It can only ever be a positive thing (for you personally too). :)

Best of luck to you :hug:

As someone who has also struggled with eating disorders and is currently overweight as well, I feel for you. It is so hard because viewpoints about yourself will always be screwed up. The only time I ever had success losing weight when not doing it the wrong ways was when I put my self on a weight trainers diet and exercise plan. I NEVER weighed myself, even during pregnancy, got on the scale backwards and told them not to tell me unless it became a problem (it didn't) which helped immensely. I did the treadmill and weights and walked and just tried to eat healthy but didn't torture myself for that piece of cake, because that sent me in a spiral. I know everyone is different, but I have been there, and believe me, it is ALWAYS on my mind. I wish you the best of luck. :D

Thank you for taking the time to write that. I so so emphasise. Within a week im on old behaviours, stupid patterns. I think you are right, it will always be with me, but i need to learn to be a healthy weight. I have spent soo long being overweight or seriously underweight. I have to do this for my future babies.

Good luck on your journey. If you ever want to chat, please pm me. wish me luck! heres to a new life of being healthy :hugs:

Good luck with it hun, try and stay as healthy as you can while losing the weight though xxx

Best of luck. *HUGS*

I'm trying to lose weight as well, and it's way too easy for me to start getting obsessive about things - from scale numbers to exercise to food. I have to be a bit careful.

I think it really helps when you have something to eat well because of. I didn't really sort out my eating until I got pregnant but if we had been planning Ally, I'd have tried to sort it out before hand. Good luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->