Going to have a talk with OH tonight !

mummie2be

Reaction score
Though I know OH knows how I want my labour & delivery to go, I don't think he is really on board with it. To put it simply, he's a mommas boy and I think is to worried about hurting her feelings in some way.
I would like my labor to be easy with just me, OH and my mom there, and when I am pretty much on the verge of pushing her out my sister will call everyone and let them know. They would come get there hopefully as LO is born, me and OH will get bonding time with LO, they will come in see her, my dad will hold her then everyone will leave and come back when I feel better.
But at the moment it seems everyone will be called as soon as I'm in the hospital and will be there the entire time, which I don't want.
So I'm thinking its time I have a talk with him, and explain how I want things done and why. Hopefully it will go over alright !

At the end of the day, it's you giving birth, not them! It should be the way you want it. Do they not realise how long labour can be!? They might be there for days waiting!

Ring the rest of your families once you have had time together and tell them no visitors until the following day.

I can understand that you only want your mum in the delivery room but letting the rest of your family in first seems very selfish to me.

My mom is going to be the only person at the hospital with me and OH. When I'm ready she'll call my sister who will then call OH's family. And they will all arrive at the same time.

u should do things how u want, me i wouldnt want anyone but my dh there. good job they dont allow the whole family in the room here :haha:

I completely agree with everyone else. You and you alone are in labor, and as such, you and you alone get to pick whoever you want as your support system. I am not a big fan of the family waiting in the waiting room, because there is more pressure on you, knowing there are people outside waiting on you, not to mention the annoying calling/texting/update checks. So I think your plan sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->