Going to have to try for a 5th month.

Mrs Reineke

Reaction score
Just had an appt with my OBGYN because I was having moderate spotting in between AF's and she said I'm most likely not pregnant because of the amount of spotting I'm having. She said my hormones got out of wack this month and to consider this my actual AF. May was our 4th month of TTC and I know technically that's not a long time, but it sure feels like it. So we have to start from square one yet again. We're trying for our first. I didn't realize getting pregnant could be so stressful! Anyone else going to be ovulating around the end of May that could buddy up with me?

Megan:dust:

Well I've already ovulated this month and received the gift of AF today but I do understand how you're feeling. June will be the 4th month of trying for me and it just gets harder and harder each month to stay positive.

But positivity is so good for our bodies and spirits so we've got to keep trying!

Hoping you get your BFP soon! :)

:dust:

Thank you Crystal...we're pretty much in the same boat. Will this be your first?:dust:

I got AF yesterday (20th) so I "should" be ovulating on the 3rd of June.

This was our 5th month TTC our first and still nothing yet for us.

I just ordered a bunch of LH tests and HCG tests from amazon. Going to try the testing LH every day route to see if that will help.

I got AF yesterday (20th) so I "should" be ovulating on the 3rd of June.

This was our 5th month TTC our first and still nothing yet for us.

I just ordered a bunch of LH tests and HCG tests from amazon. Going to try the testing LH every day route to see if that will help.

I start testing LH every day after AF finishes. It's a good thing too because I O'ed early last month and I would have missed it if I hadn't already been testing. :)

:dust: to you!

Yay we have someone else that's in our same shoes!! I have been using the Clearblue Ovulation tests the past few months, but I'm not 100% sure I like them. For example I've had it go straight to peak without any high days, I've had it tell me I've ovulated twice in a month. I almost wonder if it's rigged to give you the smiley faces after being used a certain amount of times. But maybe it's just my experience. I just ordered a really expensive fertility monitor which I'll probably regret if it's stupid, but it tests your saliva and your CM....sounded legit, but we'll see. I'm supposed to get it today. My husband told me yesterday that I have to stop stressing about it because it wouldn't work if I was. So I'm going to try to relax which is easier said then done. I'm a worry wart and worry that we won't be able to ever get pregnant. Is it just me, or do you guys feel that way too?

Shedevil will this be your first as well?

Megan:nope:

Yay we have someone else that's in our same shoes!! I have been using the Clearblue Ovulation tests the past few months, but I'm not 100% sure I like them. For example I've had it go straight to peak without any high days, I've had it tell me I've ovulated twice in a month. I almost wonder if it's rigged to give you the smiley faces after being used a certain amount of times. But maybe it's just my experience. I just ordered a really expensive fertility monitor which I'll probably regret if it's stupid, but it tests your saliva and your CM....sounded legit, but we'll see. I'm supposed to get it today. My husband told me yesterday that I have to stop stressing about it because it wouldn't work if I was. So I'm going to try to relax which is easier said then done. I'm a worry wart and worry that we won't be able to ever get pregnant. Is it just me, or do you guys feel that way too?

I feel the same way! It's just a feeling I have in my bones that it won't be easy for us. But I really have no reasoning behind it....AF is like clockwork and always has been. But we all know that doesn't always mean you're ovulating, etc.

I've never gotten a postive result from a digital OPK. I hate them. I use the cheapies and they seem to be accurate.

I want that fertility monitor too but I've been delaying buying it! I hope you end up liking it. :)

I'll let you know what I think about the fertility monitor Crystal. I've always been regular too, but I don't know why I'm afraid it's going to take forever. Maybe that's normal? I don't know? It's just crazy how when you're young and learning about safe sex, how it just seems like whenever you have sex you will get pregnant unless you are on birthcontrol and even that's not 100%...that is SO WRONG!! LOL!! Makes me wonder how there are so many people having children when they aren't trying to? Just hit it perfect I guess. Seems like when you actually are tracking and timing things it would be so easy! Irritating really. But we'll get there...my fingers are crossed for both of us this time around! :af::dust:

Megan

I'll let you know what I think about the fertility monitor Crystal. I've always been regular too, but I don't know why I'm afraid it's going to take forever. Maybe that's normal? I don't know? It's just crazy how when you're young and learning about safe sex, how it just seems like whenever you have sex you will get pregnant unless you are on birthcontrol and even that's not 100%...that is SO WRONG!! LOL!! Makes me wonder how there are so many people having children when they aren't trying to? Just hit it perfect I guess. Seems like when you actually are tracking and timing things it would be so easy! Irritating really. But we'll get there...my fingers are crossed for both of us this time around! :af::dust:

Megan

It's so true. They scare us for so many years about how easy it is to get pregnant so "BE CAREFUL!". But it's not so easy....haha. My Mom got pregnant at 15 after one time with my sperm donor. Clearly I didn't inherit the ease with which she conceived. LOL

:af:

Hahahaha!!! Seriously!! My mother-in-law said she just had to look at my father-in-law and she got pregnant. Then I asked a guy I work with how long it took him and his wife to get pregant and he said they got pregnant right away with both of their kids. Darn them!!! But my aunt said it took her 6 months with her daughter and 9 months with her son. That is a LONG time!! LOL!! I've done a lot of reading and supposedly it takes the average healthly couple 6-9 months to get pregnant and my OBGYN said that someone my age (30) should try for 12 months straight before worrying about it. So who knows...I'm not a very patient person sometimes...LOL!!

Megan

Hahahaha!!! Seriously!! My mother-in-law said she just had to look at my father-in-law and she got pregnant. Then I asked a guy I work with how long it took him and his wife to get pregant and he said they got pregnant right away with both of their kids. Darn them!!! But my aunt said it took her 6 months with her daughter and 9 months with her son. That is a LONG time!! LOL!! I've done a lot of reading and supposedly it takes the average healthly couple 6-9 months to get pregnant and my OBGYN said that someone my age (30) should try for 12 months straight before worrying about it. So who knows...I'm not a very patient person sometimes...LOL!!

Megan

Everyone in my family got pregnant very easily. I have a good friend that hasn't had AF in 7 years and she's got an almost 2 year old son and is 6 months pregnant with a baby girl. I'm like.... :dohh: ....and me over here with my regular monthly AF and it's not happening that easily. My OBGYN says the same thing, I'm also 30, she won't even consider testing me for any deficiencies until we've been trying and failing for at least a year.

I am the definition of an impatient person. I recently started a new position and one of my co-workers who I've known for 2 months made a comment about my impatience the other day. I said, "That's sad that you already know that about me." LOL

Yeah that's pretty much me too! I hate being patient!! Especially with something like this. Once we were ready to start trying for a baby I wanted it to happen right now! LOL!! I've always known I wanted to be a mom and I'm so excited for that...but it's not happening yet!! :cry:
So add my impatience and my worry wart together and this really sucks!! Hahahaha!!!:sad2: So what do you do for work? How long have you been married? (If you are married) and where are you from?

Megan

P.S. my test thing didn't come in the mail today. Checked online and it's due here tomorrow. :sad1:

Yes, this is our first.

This will be my first time doing the OPK tests, I just ordered the cheapies from Amazon. The BF doesn't know I will be using them :haha: He doesn't even know I am POAS addict LOL. I ordered 120 IC tests that I keep under the sink and use when he is not around.

I know how you feel when they say "Don't stress about it and it will just Happen" well easier said then done! I didn't have to worry about getting pregnant when I was with my ex because he was 'fixed' and AF came like clock work, like I could tell you to the day and time when it would come and I knew exactly when I O'd cause I had the exact same pain in the exact same spot every single time. But now that I am with my BF and we are TTC nothing is the same. My cycles have been wierd, some have been longer, some have been shorter, I don't always have O pain and sometimes I wonder if I even O...

AF will be finishing up today for me and we will be on month 6 TTC... I'm starting to get a little down and frustrated with my body that it hasn't happened.

Everyone I know says they got pregnant right away. One of my friends just has to think about sex and she is pregnant.. wish I was like her.

I am glad I joined this forum, there is so much useful info on here and soooooo many nice people :)

Yeah that's pretty much me too! I hate being patient!! Especially with something like this. Once we were ready to start trying for a baby I wanted it to happen right now! LOL!! I've always known I wanted to be a mom and I'm so excited for that...but it's not happening yet!! :cry:
So add my impatience and my worry wart together and this really sucks!! Hahahaha!!!:sad2: So what do you do for work? How long have you been married? (If you are married) and where are you from?

Megan

P.S. my test thing didn't come in the mail today. Checked online and it's due here tomorrow. :sad1:

I didn't think I wanted to be a mother until I met my fiance'. He would just be the most amazing father and makes me want to bring a new piece of him into the world. I think having our DNA mix into a child would be so lovely. :kiss:

I work as an underwriting assistant. Dull but it pays the bills. :) I've been with my fiance' for almost 3 years, we are getting married in December. Can't wait! I'm from Dallas, Tx.

How about you? :happydance:

Yes, this is our first.

This will be my first time doing the OPK tests, I just ordered the cheapies from Amazon. The BF doesn't know I will be using them :haha: He doesn't even know I am POAS addict LOL. I ordered 120 IC tests that I keep under the sink and use when he is not around.

I know how you feel when they say "Don't stress about it and it will just Happen" well easier said then done! I didn't have to worry about getting pregnant when I was with my ex because he was 'fixed' and AF came like clock work, like I could tell you to the day and time when it would come and I knew exactly when I O'd cause I had the exact same pain in the exact same spot every single time. But now that I am with my BF and we are TTC nothing is the same. My cycles have been wierd, some have been longer, some have been shorter, I don't always have O pain and sometimes I wonder if I even O...

AF will be finishing up today for me and we will be on month 6 TTC... I'm starting to get a little down and frustrated with my body that it hasn't happened.

Everyone I know says they got pregnant right away. One of my friends just has to think about sex and she is pregnant.. wish I was like her.

I am glad I joined this forum, there is so much useful info on here and soooooo many nice people :)

Yay for POAS addicts! :thumbup:

Ugh....our bodies are just frustrating. I get AF like clock work and always have but I've never had O pain that I can recall (even with paying special attention for the last several months) so I don't know if I ovulate either. I've gotten positive OPK's every month but I worry my body is trying to O and failing. My temps are unreliable, so I just don't know.

Lets kick AF out :af: and start doing those OPK's!! I think I still have a few days left over here....lucky me. LOL

I'm just waiting for my shipment to get here then I will be starting them... hopefully they get here this week... if not I will have to start next month.

I haven't tried temping... not sure how to do it?

I'm just waiting for my shipment to get here then I will be starting them... hopefully they get here this week... if not I will have to start next month.

I haven't tried temping... not sure how to do it?

Hopefully they make it in time. Truthfully I don't really get it either. I just know I'm supposed to temp first thing in the morning after waking up and it's supposed to establish a baseline temp for you so that when you ovulate you can tell by your temps as it's supposed to rise after ovulation. It goes back down if you haven't conceived and stays up if you have. So far my temps are all over the place. I was sick during O time last month so my temps were over 100 so that wasn't very helpful. Haha....we'll see what happens this month but I can tell you so far I don't see the use in it...but people swear by it. :blush:

Yeah I should be done today with my AF. We are all so close, makes it kinda fun!! Should be getting my fertility monitor in the mail today. Still feel crazy I spent so much on it, but we'll see. :saywhat: I also was thinking I stopped using birth control like 5 years ago because I've got a condition where my blood clots more than it should and birth control can cause a risk of blood clots. Well my husband and I have been married since last July, but we have been together for 8 1/2 years so when I decided to stop taking birth control we decided that we weren't ready for a child at the time, but if something happened it wouldn't be the end of the world so we used the withdrawal method for a few years and were very careful about it. Well now I'm freaking out because we never got pregnant using that method and what if it's because there's something wrong? I know that the withdrawal method if used properly can be quite effective, but still. :confused: Just scared I guess. I had my egg reserved tested a while ago because the at home test for that came back weird, but turned out to be good and my husband did an at home sperm count test which said he was fine, but of course I still worry. :nope: So what is POAS?

Yeah I should be done today with my AF. We are all so close, makes it kinda fun!! Should be getting my fertility monitor in the mail today. Still feel crazy I spent so much on it, but we'll see. :saywhat: I also was thinking I stopped using birth control like 5 years ago because I've got a condition where my blood clots more than it should and birth control can cause a risk of blood clots. Well my husband and I have been married since last July, but we have been together for 8 1/2 years so when I decided to stop taking birth control we decided that we weren't ready for a child at the time, but if something happened it wouldn't be the end of the world so we used the withdrawal method for a few years and were very careful about it. Well now I'm freaking out because we never got pregnant using that method and what if it's because there's something wrong? I know that the withdrawal method if used properly can be quite effective, but still. :confused: Just scared I guess. I had my egg reserved tested a while ago because the at home test for that came back weird, but turned out to be good and my husband did an at home sperm count test which said he was fine, but of course I still worry. :nope: So what is POAS?

POAS = Pee on a Stick. :)

I did that at home egg reserve test awhile back and mine came back normal. I didn't know there was an at home sperm count test! I might be having the fiance' do that soon. I worry about his testosterone levels....he has trouble sleeping and works out daily but carries weight in his middle, etc. He fits a lot of the symptoms of low T. :nope:

Maybe you could go to another OBGYN and tell them you've been trying for longer than you have (include the years where you were using the withdrawl method) and maybe they'd do some more testing on you? I've been thinking about doing that too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->