Going to make my frozen witch hazel pads now.

monte3375

Reaction score
Any tips?

I just plan on dumping witch hazel on pads, folding back up in its wrapper and freezing in ziploc

I froze mine flat in a ziploc because they're pretty stiff...but that's just me! Have fun!

Might sound like a really silly question, but what are frozen witch hazel pads and what are they for?! :dohh: lol

^^ This! Have no idea what these are. Please share your mom to be/ mom tips.

Witch hazel helps with inflammation - they recommend putting witch hazel on maxi pads and freezing them. You put them in your underwear after you have the baby. The cold feels good and the witch hazel can reduce swelling.

https://intheknowmom.net/diy-padsicles-musthave-postpartum-item/

Had forgotten about these - the hospital I was in had them and they really helped ease my episiotomy. You can get them on amazon - away to order some now! Thanks for the reminder! :flower:

Frozen? That's brilliant! I used witch hazel last time but didn't even think of making frozen pads. Definitely going to do this!

I haven't made mine yet but the recipe I found recommended using aloe vera to promote healing and lavender oil as well (can't remember what the LO was for though :wacko: ) The aloe gel makes sense to me because it feels great on sunburns and sores...why not there too? :)

Try putting them in a bowl to freeze so they get a nice curved shape! They feel great :)

I also read about the ones that also have aloe and lavender oil. They will be a lot nicer than just putting WH wipes on a pad. I might also try cabbage leaves in my bra if things get too sore and swollen. I didn't try them with DD, but I'm curious to see how we'll it works.

I haven't made mine yet but the recipe I found recommended using aloe vera to promote healing and lavender oil as well (can't remember what the LO was for though :wacko: ) The aloe gel makes sense to me because it feels great on sunburns and sores...why not there too? :)

I think I posted the same link on the first page

Oh my gosh this is an amazing idea!!!!
To all those first timers. Take note! You will not be prepared for the discomfort down there post tearing..
This sounds like the perfect formula!!

Ohh ok. This sounds like a brilliant idea! Will definitely give it a try :)

Wonderful idea!

I have to say though that it's important to use the clear aloe vera gel that's pure and natural (as opposed to the lime green stuff that you use after sun burn that just contains aloe vera as one of many chemically ingredients)

Also- make sure you do a test run! Allergic reactions (though usually mild...itching, burning, inflammation) are fairly common to aloe...and you definitely don't want to be testing it on your already distressed lady bits! :dohh: lol

These are simultaneously the best and worst thing postpartum. The cold freeze feels TERRIBLE initially, but after the initial "holy god that's cold" shock, the cool is super soothing on your bruised ladybits. I've got a little stack in our freezer, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->