• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

going to my first wedding fayre....what to expect??

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
Hi Ladies!
Me and the hubster to be are going to our first wedding fayre tomorrow night!
Im soooooo excited :happydance:

We're only going to get ideas and price things up and what not.
We're not ready to book anything (not sure if the purpose of it is to book things there and then, i hope not!).

Ive heard they can be quite pushy, im one of these that cant be put on the spot because i feel pressured :blush:
Good job lukes assertive :haha:

what usually happens? what can i expect?
the event starts at 7pm - 10pm

There are wedding fayes at my house every year. Normally they set up like stalls, wedding shops and people who organise functions, tables laid out with information, price lists etc. I never found any one pushy. Dresses on display sometimes food and orderves from who ever is catering for weddings. I am not even getting married and like walking around them.

dya think i should take my wedding binder to collect info? (yes i have a binder :blush: lol)

Totally there will be lots of business cards there and price lists so you need somewhere to put them all. Take pics, helps remember who had what as some have jewellery and dresses on display and you will have so many cards you wont know who gave you them.

owwww good idea! i never thought of camera!

my friend said when she went to one she got a goody bag :shrug:
never heard of them at wedding fayres

Not seen them either here. Wonder what they have in them?

i know she got lots of business cards, leaflets, some money off vouchers and i know she got a favour box with sugared almonds!
must of been a posh one wedding fayre ;)

Some wedding fayres or shows have an entry fee - some of those you get goody bags

I've never actually been to one, by the time I got round to having the chance to go to any I had kind of gone past needing to go! From what I believe they are perfect for people like you, wanting to get ideas, see prices, what's around etc!

Let us know how it goes :)

ive checked apparently this one is free and has every kind of thing you would want for a wedding including photo booths!!! lol

i deffo will let you all know!

You will get lots of information from them, I would take your binder as you may find you will get loads of stuff and ideas. Some people are pushy, just politely say I am only looking for ideas at the moment. I have had a few goody bags here and there, had business cards, travel size cosmetics, tissues and a few other bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->