Going to try to cut on the snacks

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
I eat healthy but I snack terribly, I miss meals as I'm busy and Make up for it by snacking and then once the kids go to bed I snack like a crazy person :blush: so from right now I'm going to try and stop it. I will eat three meals a day and try and cut out anything else, I will drink more and chew gum instead.

It's a first step, I will allow myself the occasional treat, but I want to break the habit of snacking, anyone with me?

Instead of cutting snacks out altogether, maybe you could try planning healthy snacks into your day?
I have a snack between each meal, so I'm not going for ages without eating.
I'll have Greek yogurt with fruit, a protein shake/bar, an apple and a bit of cheese etc.
Just a thought for you...
xx

Im with you!
I'm a snackaholic too :blush:
Pre diet, I'd drop dd1 off at school and buy myself a whole bug bar of areo chocolate orange and scoff the lot throughout the day.

Now I don't snack on junk....well as much! I just don't buy things I will go for that are naughty. I buy yogurts and have those if I'm hungry.

I hate Jaffa cakes and everyone else loves them, so I make sure we get those :haha:

Your running around after x3 small boys. Your body is probably getting you to reach for sugar for that quick (but sadly short lived ) boost for energy.

If you can be good 90% of the time with food, you can treat yourself the other 10% to what you fancy.
It feels a great treat too! Xx

This is me all over & it driving me crazy .. Half the time it's due to boredom and I know I should do something to take my mind off it but can't get the motivation.
I have always been below 9st so being 10st is really getting to me, I'm not lazy as I walk everywhere, done 10miles yday with dog, I have a bike seat for DS so go out on that regularly but because I'm snackin in rubbish the weight just doesn't seem to drop.
Today I have eaten 1/2 my sons tcake, the rest of his ham sandwich, some of his crisps, a banana :) 5 choc digestives & some of last nights chicken pasta .. Instead of just having breakfast then dinner.
Evenings are the worst because I'm on my own (oh in army) so I eat to pass time .... HELP!!
Sorry to crash your thread lol but your not alone.

Im with you!
I'm a snackaholic too :blush:
Pre diet, I'd drop dd1 off at school and buy myself a whole bug bar of areo chocolate orange and scoff the lot throughout the day.

Now I don't snack on junk....well as much! I just don't buy things I will go for that are naughty. I buy yogurts and have those if I'm hungry.

I hate Jaffa cakes and everyone else loves them, so I make sure we get those :haha:

Your running around after x3 small boys. Your body is probably getting you to reach for sugar for that quick (but sadly short lived ) boost for energy.

If you can be good 90% of the time with food, you can treat yourself the other 10% to what you fancy.
It feels a great treat too! Xx

Thanks, yeah, my giving up completely its going too well, mostly as my mum turned up with treats and they sat there calling to me, so they had to be eaten.

Although overall I am doing much better, I'll get there! Thanks, yes my boys keep me busy!

This is me all over & it driving me crazy .. Half the time it's due to boredom and I know I should do something to take my mind off it but can't get the motivation.
I have always been below 9st so being 10st is really getting to me, I'm not lazy as I walk everywhere, done 10miles yday with dog, I have a bike seat for DS so go out on that regularly but because I'm snackin in rubbish the weight just doesn't seem to drop.
Today I have eaten 1/2 my sons tcake, the rest of his ham sandwich, some of his crisps, a banana :) 5 choc digestives & some of last nights chicken pasta .. Instead of just having breakfast then dinner.
Evenings are the worst because I'm on my own (oh in army) so I eat to pass time .... HELP!!
Sorry to crash your thread lol but your not alone.

I know, it's so hard right? I again do it for boredom or as I said before, energy. My eldest has recently started nursery so I'm getting out a lot more now which with my three can be hard to just get out! So I need to get out more too and hopefully that will help too.

We should create a support group of non snacks or at least much healthier ones.

Ahhh-just watching a show about cupcakes!! So want to gorge on junk right now!

Chocolate digestives are my weakness, leothelion-I can eat a whole pack if I'm not careful.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->