Gonal Girls

Wow 19 that is good news that you responded so well!
Hopefully they will let you go through with things :)
Best of luck

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I want to yank my ovaries out and use them as punching bags!!! :hissy: I'm on CD12 and she measured 15 follies today but they are mostly 5's-8's with a 9, 10, and 12 those of which may be the cysts I had on cd 3. I am to continue my meds and go back on Monday.

just finished my next round of iui, couldnt have a scan the day before so as of two days before lining was 6.8 so just hoping it did get to 8, had only one follicle on 37.5/75 gonal f, pretty crumby :(

Went for my us today and I have 4 good sized follies all around 17-19 and my lining is 9.44 so I will trigger in the morning and TI to follow!! FX this is our month!!!

Hi fellow gonal girls.

I am now also a fellow traveller on this road to hopefully conception. I have PCOS, previously did three rounds of clomid on 100mg where I would ovulate usually around CD19 to 21 and no luck on any of the rounds. I wish i could just conceive once so i know it can happen but nothing so far.

Anyway the clinic is going to give me 2 rounds of gonal f so im hoping to God it works. Just started the injections three days ago and im so nervous and excited. To be honest im not worried about not ovulating as i ovulated on clomid but bit feeling bit nervy about whether i will actually conceive lol.

So i just wanted to know whether there are any clomid to gonal f successes for hope snd inspiration :flower:

Hi everyone...this is my first round injectables...today is cd2 and i went in for a baseline...this is all new to me so it is a bit overwhelming...they said there were 20 follicles on the left and right...which is an indicator of pcos which i already knew i had...i will be starting at 37.5 iu of gonal f...they told me to not be suprised if i stim for more than two weeks?

Hi everyone...this is my first round injectables...today is cd2 and i went in for a baseline...this is all new to me so it is a bit overwhelming...they said there were 20 follicles on the left and right...which is an indicator of pcos which i already knew i had...i will be starting at 37.5 iu of gonal f...they told me to not be suprised if i stim for more than two weeks?

Hi Kristin, just wanted to say hi and welcome. I'm in the same boat as you. I had my last scan 2 weeks ago and thankfully one of those pesky follies finally grew to around 17 mm and got told to inject Ovitrelle the next day which was a Saturday. The thing is I did an OPK the morning of injection day and it was positive I Think and I still injected Ovitrelle to make sure the egg released. Add to that my left tube is blocked and the egg was growing on my left side I just don't know how likely it is that this will work but here's hoping!!!! I actually injected 75 iu of Gonal F and managed to get 1 decent sized folly and 2 others at about 14 mm so best wishes and good luck to you! Currently I am just waitibg to do my pregnancy test although being a Negative Nelly actually just waiting for AF to turn up the bitch lol.

Oh my goodness! Wrote a long post and it never got posted! :growlmad:

Ok anyway I grew some decent sized follies on 75 iu of Gonal F daily. Two at 14mm and one at 17mm. I got told to inject Ovitrelle the next day after the scan which was a Saturday. The thing is I did an OPK on the morning of the day I had to inject Ovitrelle and I'm pretty sure it was positive...stared at the stick until I was cross-eyed lol. But I still injected myself with Ovitrelle cos I am just that paranoid. At least hopefully the egg released with the Ovitrelle right...right??! I'm now paranoid that by injecting I have somehow messed up my body's natural egg release mechanism :wacko:

Anyway did the BD Sat/Sun and Monday just to make sure haha. But the thing is I ovulated (if I even did) on my left side and guess what...yep you guessed right my left tube is blocked. It is so weird but the three times I ovulated on 100mg of Clomid I always ovulated on my left side. I know the Docs say the functioning tube can still pick up the egg from the blocked side but I am such a Negative Nelly...Am doing the 2 week wait at the moment but trying not to be too hopeful cos it hurts too much otherwise. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similiar position and the outcome?

Thanks

Sorry - System just noticed a new member and certain words are moderated for the first 10 posts. ;)

Sorry - System just noticed a new member and certain words are moderated for the first 10 posts. ;)

LOL!! Ok thanks for explaining. Omg it must have been the ItchBay word oooops :dohh: eherm how embarrassing. Sorry but I get so :growlmad: at AF keeps me from feeling down in the dumps and teary although somehow I still manage to leak out some tears through the anger.

Anyway doing the 2 week wait, torturing myself by reading ten thousand similar pages of the earliest signs and symptoms of pregnancy before a missed period, getting depressed cos I am not exhibiting a single one of them, my rational side getting totally buried under my negative emotional side ho hum....Wbu? :cry:

Well GonalF didn't work for me this time round although I don't blame it for that. I actually think it might have worked if not for my blocked tube. I've skimmed this thread and been heartened to read of so many success stories for this drug and especially for the PCOS women.

Sorry if I missed it but I would love to hear from any ladies with PCOS and a blocked tube who had success with this medication? I just need some inspiration and hope as I can't help but feel alone. I feel like two problems at once makes it harder to conceive so I would just love to know I'm not the only one!

Thanks

Hi ladies,
I haven't posted in a while, things have been a little crazy! Quick update, did another cycle with gonal, had IUI on 6/28. took HPT this morning and it was postive. Going for beta tomrrow. Hoping this little bean sticks :)

Good luck dblue!!!

We are done with gonal f for how until we get some of our bills out of the way. Just femera for now but I could be back in a few months if nothing. :/

Thanks sugarpi24! I am little uneasy at the moment since having the miscarriage. Hoping for a sticky bean this time :) I wish you the best of luck!

Here is some :dust: for you!

Hi Folks. Is this thread still active? I just started a new injectables thread bc I didn't know. I'm supposed to be starting the Gonal-F today, but may have to wait bc of a cyst. Waiting for a phone call from the doc right now. :coffee:

Hi girls! I don't know if anyone on here remembers me (I remember drblue I believe... and I see that congratulations are in order!). Since I was on here last, I got pregnant with IVF and had my baby... who is now 1!

The issue I am having is that after 13 months - no period. Which is back where I started. I have no time or money to go through injectables and IVF again but my OH and I would like a second... sigh...

Hi Curliegirlie! I remember you! Congrats on your baby!!! I'm in the same boat - I have a 16 month old and I've had 2 natural periods since he was born, and I've induced a few with NPC. But even with the natural periods, I don't think I've ovulated at all since he was born. :(

Good luck! I've spent years trying to get my body to ovulate without hefty medical intervention, to no avail. But if you find a magic cure, let me know!! I hope you do!!

Hi Cridge! I remember you too of course!

Do you know why you don't get periods? I was diagnosed as having hypothalamic amenorrhea, which is a catch-all for women who don't get periods for no obvious reason. When I was a teenager, I struggled with an eating disorder and lost my period. Women with low body fat often lose their periods because you don't have enough fat to sustain a pregnancy.

I then went on the pill for 10+ years, which of course restored my periods, but masked the fact that my body was not functioning normally. When I went off the pill, I got no period for over a year, so I had to turn to injectables to get me to ovulate. I'm now 35 lbs heavier than I was back then, but I feel like the damage is done, and even though I have fat now, my body doesn't trust me not to starve it anymore and thus won't ovulate. I hate myself so much for this because it all could have been prevented... :(

I have never heard of NPC - what does it do?

Don't beat yourself up! We can only move forward! :hugs:

I have PCOS, which is basically an array of symptoms with insulin resistance being the most likely cause. I got my first period at 14 and was never regular. I think I had 2 or 3 and then didn't have another one for 6 months, and that became my norm. Now I can go 8+ months without a period. But I don't usually allow myself to go that long.

NPC is Natural Progesterone Cream. It's bio-identical, so it does exactly what progesterone does. It's just a lotion, and I'll use it anywhere from 7-14 days, and it brings on a period 100% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->