Gonal Girls

Thanks Cridge!

I guess the NPC brings on a period the same way birth control pills would - a "period" but without ovulation... not the ideal scenario!

Exactly! But it doesn't suppress ovulation like bcp's do, so I figure it's better to have a good bleed every couple of months than not. I feel like I'm resetting my hormones in the *hopes* that maybe I'll ovulate.

Exactly! But it doesn't suppress ovulation like bcp's do, so I figure it's better to have a good bleed every couple of months than not. I feel like I'm resetting my hormones in the *hopes* that maybe I'll ovulate.

Going to my dr tomorrow... I'm going to bring this up!

Can I join in? I haven't started taking Gonal yet but if this cycle doesnt work, there's where we're headed... This cycle Im on Clomid and had a nice 24mm follie but only 6mm lining... Im just trying to get informed about it...

Question... does any one know if Gonal-F actually helps lining, or does it just not affect it adversely like clomid? Also, what about twins, are the odds higher than with clomid/femara?

Haleiwamama - I used gonal f to conceive after clomid didnt work for me. I had no adverse lining effects from it and I'm pretty sure that's normal.
The risk of twins can be higher depending in how well your doctor monitors your cycle, your dosage and the amount of follies you get. I had a cycle with 6 mature follies and I didn't conceive. But the next cycle I only had 3 and conceived a singleton. If you can afford it, I prefer gonal f to any other method we tried. I had zero side effects (other than extra discharge) and it worked! Good luck to you!
::babydust::

Hi LaurenM, thank you for your input. Im 5dpo on my Clomid cycle and if this cycle is a bust, gonal-f it is... what was your dosage on gonal-f and clomid? My doctor mentioned she would use 75IU but Im not sure for how many days... people think Im crazy when I say this but I would love to have twins... my doctor is not really for it...

I agree with Lauren 100%! Gonal-f is definitely my choice of drug! :haha:

I start on 75iU and then go up from there. There's no way of knowing how many days you'll be on it - it just depends on how your body is responding. With my 2nd, I responded a little slower, so we upped the dosage (I think to 125iU), and that did the trick. I ovulated on CD18.

How is everyone doing? I just came back from my u/s and my lining is looking great for the first time ever! 9mm trilaminar! But I only had 1 follie :( really wish I had at least 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->